"YESTERDAY ONCE MORE" WAREHOUSE: Richard's Car Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend some time at the warehouse in Newbury Park where Richard stores his cars and much of the Carpenters memorabilia! For all of you car buffs, I thought this would be a fun thread. Several have been either featured on album covers, in documentaries, and/or documented in both the Coleman and Schmidt biographies. Enjoy!

Collage 3.jpg
Collage 1.jpg Collage 2.jpg
Collage 5.jpg Collage 4.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome photos!
And, I would dearly love a copy of that Passage Poster barely,
visible to the left of the purple(?) chairs, behind the 350SL.

Speaking of that purple chair....that looks similar to the one Karen used for her solo session photo shoot, although it's a slightly different color here....did anyone else pick that up?

Thanks Chris....love looking at these photos. These photos remind me of the DVD that shows some of these old cars and that warehouse on one of the songs.

So this leads me to wonder....did you get another interview with Richard? hint hint :)

AMAZING photos!!! Thanks so much for posting, I have always wanted to visit this place!

The white car in the second post looks to be the one featured in The Karen Carpenter Story (with its roof attached), in the clip where they have just returned from Japan and in their new car.

Harold: "When did you pick up this beauty? You know I love these '59 Furys!"
Richard: "Well dad, this '59 Fury has got your name on it"

:)

I like the orange Charger and the purple Chalenger; those are what I would like to see up close...!

Looking at these beauties on my iPad make them so LIFESIZE!!!! :shock:

-- Dave

There are a few photos from the official website, this one shows a mural like capture of the Christmas Portait in the background, see it?
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Auto-00_Auto Collection.htm

YOM%20_0200%20W.jpg

I am hardly what one would describe as an auto enthusiast, however, it is obvious to me
that Richard Carpenter has exquisite taste in Vintage Automobiles.
Actually, I have always had a desire to visit that Yesterday Once More Warehouse.
I appreciate the look inside, Chris !

The cars are nice and all, but any good pics of the memorabilia you mentioned? :)

I'm not allowed to post the others, as they were in the "off limits" zone in terms of public posting. The cars have already been featured publicly, so that's why I shared what I did! I feel bad having to say that, but I definitely want to honor Richard's wishes with that. I can tell you *what* was in there, just can't show pics. Sorry! :sad:

I am almost positive that no one gets to drive those cars except Richard. Can you imagine how bad his kids would want to?

Sam, Richard's warehouse manager drives the cars, as well as his two mechanics Bill and Daniel. Let me tell you that you can eat off the floors in there. Everything has to be pristine and spotless, inside and out. If Richard buys a new car and hears a rattle in the wiring, they have to pull the dash apart until they find it. He hears things that no one hears, but inevitably is always right! Very OCD albeit a marvelous guy!

Awesome photos!
And, I would dearly love a copy of that Passage Poster barely,
visible to the left of the purple(?) chairs, behind the 350SL.

Actually it's not a poster. It is a canvas reprint of the artwork, minus the Passage script.

I'm not allowed to post the others, as they were in the "off limits" zone in terms of public posting. The cars have already been featured publicly, so that's why I shared what I did! I feel bad having to say that, but I definitely want to honor Richard's wishes with that. I can tell you *what* was in there, just can't show pics. Sorry! :sad:

I don't expect you to answer this question Chris given what you said but I have to ask: "off limits zone", this is a car warehouse so what on earth does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom