Yesterday Once More (85)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Song4uman

I recently purchased this at a used CD shop. Paid like $7.00 or so. It is in perfect condition. I have almost every compilation (I know....), and listen to them in the car. This one sounded really clear.
Just thought I'd ask those of you who listen with headphones, etc. How does this compilation compare to some of the newer ones in regards to sound, clarity, etc.

To me, it is a pretty clean, clear sound.....bright.

JOnathan

Given that most compilations that are genuine are at least authorized by Richard, it's safe to say that most of them sound pretty good. There are a few that are suspect, like that Brazilian O MELHOR DE CARPENTERS comp with the reversed stereo and wonky processing. Then there's that CARPENTERS COLLECTION from Holland that has a muddy sound to it.

The old YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was the first really notable compilation on CD and Richard's TLC shows. This was where the remixes were born, so while some are remixed, others are original mixes.

Harry

As I listen to other recordings from the same time frame as CarpenterS output it is evident at each spin the majesty of engineering, arranging. The sound is timeless and sound quality which is my specific point is unsurpassed. The mastering or whatever ya call it is flawless. No distortion thru-out the catalog save SOMEDAY's ending orchestration. I hold perfectionism to this standard....always. Hearing 85's YOM package was so fresh and new with or without the remix. Stunning! My fascination and appreciation continues to flourish this day some 45 years following my 1st Karen aural delight. OOOOweee gotta go n have me some more!

Jeff

My ears lost their digital virginity to that disc, so it's always going to have a special place in my collection. :D I bought it, not even having a CD player yet. I remember playing it at my cousin's house, and being totally blown away at how clear it sounded. It seemed like I was hearing things in the songs that I had never heard before, even though I had listened to them countless times on vinyl and cassette. Turns out that I was... what did I know of remixes back then! :laugh: Anyway, I was sold on this newfangled CD technology, and bought my own player the next day. It cost more than the whole rest of my stereo system combined... and the piece of junk broke a week after the warranty expired! :doh: Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom