Vinylalbumcovers.com - Carpenters' Section (2014 Remix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylalbumcovers

Ah am so steel een luv weeth yoo
Okay, this was actually done for a reason. The version that was up previously didn't play nice with phones and tablets. This one will. It has a different look so here it is. This is just the beginning as the separate album pages must also be remixed. They had too much synthesizer and not enough kick drum... :wink:

Ed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.23.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.23.39 AM.png
    947.4 KB · Views: 41
Update: Here it is now with all the albums. Kept it small as not to hog server space here...

Ed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 4.29.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 4.29.12 AM.png
    680.9 KB · Views: 28
So I decided to shun the original design seen above entirely and start fresh. Here's the page for "Offering." What do you think?

Ed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 6.49.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 6.49.46 AM.png
    749.6 KB · Views: 19
That's good. IIRC, in the original "mix", you had a faded version of the album cover as the background for each album, but this looks a bit more "professional."

Harry

That's good. IIRC, in the original "mix", you had a faded version of the album cover as the background for each album, but this looks a bit more "professional."

Harry

The problem is that I'm now working with a responsive layout and it's difficult to make that work here. I'm also doing this all in Wordpress so it comes down to finding a plug-in that'll work with the theme I picked out. I'm still tweaking so maybe I'll be able to make that work again.

Ed

Because the theme I'd been using was particularly unfriendly when it came to adding plugins, I've gone in a different direction. Have a look!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 10.26.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 10.26.29 AM.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 6
We've got our album backgrounds back the way we all liked them and the style is essentially finished. I'm adding album art and data as we speak. Just a few to go before the "Carpenters" section of the new site is complete. Stay tuned!

Ed

There was a minor difficulty with the "If I Were A Carpenter" as it appeared on the albums page. It has been fixed.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom