tjb ring tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

hi guys, I just got a motorla smart phone, and I wanted to know how to download tijuana taxi as a ringtone for my smart phone.
bob

For my own Android, all I have to do is have a song copied into the "music" folder and then use the menu function while its playing to select it as the ringtone. Each individual phone might be a little different, but essentially that's it.

In fact, one time I had the TjB's GREATEST HITS VOLUME TWO in the current playlist and somehow, quite by accident, the first track "What Now My Love" was switched to my ringtone. After a short time with that novelty, I switched it back to a more typical phone-ring sound.

While it's a novel idea to have a record as a ringtone, I've found it to be just a little annoying to those around you in a public setting. There you are in a meeting or group and all of a sudden someone's phone starts playing "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira and all of those around it start shaking their head - but that's just my own opinion. Maybe everyone secretly loves it.

Have fun with your smart phone. We're getting very close to upgrading ours after about four years.

Harry

thanks harry, so is there a certain web site that has tjb songs then download it to my phone as this is my first smart phone so I do not know and how much are the songs
bob

If you can rip the CDs onto your computer (make MP3 files), then use the USB cable to connect your phone to your computer and find the way to copy files over from one to the other.

Copy the TjB song file that you want into your phone's Music section. Then from there, use the menu to set the song as your ringtone. You shouldn't have to buy the song all over again.

Harry

Most phones that I'm aware of need ringtone files of 30 seconds or less. To me it's not worth the work to edit and convert files--I find a ringtone on my phone that is somewhat electronic and "piercing" so I can hear it in a car or outdoors above the noise. I missed too many phone calls when I used a "music" ringtone. I think there are apps that will convert files to ringtones, making it an easy process, but if they are not "paid" apps, they are free and laden with tons of ads (more so than most apps).

Of course, nothing was more satisfying after a divorce to load up Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" whenever my ex rang through. :D But that was a decade ago. Now I just use a "silent" feature so it doesn't ring at all, and it goes to voice mail. :whistle:

thank you harry and rudy for the answers. and Rudy no comment about Elton Johns song lol
take care
bob

I usually ride the bus to work, so I hear all kinds of ringtones, usually rap or metal. Laughed out loud one day when I heard one young woman's phone...she had downloaded Woody Woodpecker's laugh (Ha-haha-HAAA-ha!) as her ringtone. (Loved it!) One out-of-town friend uses the CBS Radio News "sounder" as his, and says it really turns heads.

Thanks to cellphones, I know more about half of other people's business than I ever wanted. (As for me, I don't have one.) :tumbleweed:

One out-of-town friend uses the CBS Radio News "sounder" as his, and says it really turns heads.

That just gave me a great idea for my own ring tone. Like Rudy, I like something piercing that cuts through noise, especially when located in a pocket, so I've just found the perfect sounder: the old NBC Monitor Beacon from the '50s and '60s. This sounder used to play at the top of every hour on the NBC weekend show Monitor, a 24-hour around the clock entertainment/information service from NBC. Think of it a s a round-the-clock TODAY SHOW for radio. Hosts included Bill Cullen, Garry Moore, Gene Rayburn, Henry Morgan, Dave Garroway, and lots of others.

http://www.monitorbeacon.net/sounds/Monitor_Beacon.mp3

Harry

Man, does that sound bring back memories! An online friend, Dennis Hart, created a website dedicated to NBC Monitor, where you found that audio clip; and where you can find a lot more about Monitor too; at http://www.monitorbeacon.net/index.html

Another online friend I should also mention is Kenneth Johannessen, who operates a tribute to the gone-but-not-forgotten Mutual Broadcasting System at http://misterk60.com/mrtshome.html

You'll find great Mutual news and sports "sounders" there, as well as an authoritative history of the "little network that could."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom