Time and Karen Carpenter on 1 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthowson

I'd like to burn a cd with a nice mix of both albums so that it's karen, then richard, then karen.

Having a hard time coming up with the best order so that they flow.

Any help?

This is a really cool idea! :righton:

I thought about it and came up with this sequence which I think would run quite nicely (some tracks end in the same key as the next track begins, which is always fun):

1. Lovelines
2. Say Yeah!
3. Guess I Just Lost My Head
4. Remind Me To Tell You
5. If I Had You
6. Who Do You Love?
7. My Body Keeps Changing My Mind
8. I'm Still Not Over You
9. Remember When Lovin' Took All Night
10. When Time Was All We Had
11. Make Believe It's Your First Time
12. Calling Your Name Again
13. If We Try
14. Time
15. Still Crazy After All These Years

I left off anything that constitutes an outtake, guest vocal or duet, so no Dusty, Dionne, Scott Grimes, Peter Cetera or 'Last One Singing The Blues'. I also left off 'All Because Of You' and 'Still In Love With You' because I couldn't place them in nicely anywhere and also because I'd run out of RC tracks to alternate them with :laugh:

I do think their two 'torch ballads' (if you can call them that) work really nicely back to back though (#10 and #11).

Last edited:
I wish there were a way to fill in KC 1966 and RC Get Together and I Kept on Loving you. Maybe I'll make those four my bonus tracks.

Thanks for this. Wonder if there is room for a 30 second silence ala ATGB and then add Still in Love w/ you and All Because of You, then RC's Akiko live solo.. forget the name.

I love making CDR compilations including Carpenters. I started with cassette comps in the early 1970's and then went to CDR in the early 2000's with a stand-alone Pioneer CD burner (paid over $400 for what is now free with any desktop PC).

Themed comps are always fun but I've learned the first rule is don't be afraid to break a rule if it adds to the enjoyment of the music. Don't be afraid to have two songs in a row by Richard (or Karen). Don't be afraid to plop that wonderful Dionne Warwick vocal on there. I like your idea so much that I will put it on my "to-do" list along with my Carpenters Oldies comp using many of the tracks from the Reader's Digest collection.

Go with what your ears & heart tell you. Also, I bought a couple rewritable CDR's and use them for practice runs if I'm not sure of my final track listing.

Randy

PS: Reconsider using Last One Singing the Blues; it's my favorite song from Karen's solo album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom