The Biggest Lies of the Music Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4 I don't agree with. More artists today (if you can call them artists:rolleyes:) are putting out their product themselves on the Internet or by setting up their own companies rather than dealing with record companies. #5 I take with a grain of salt, because, although CD sales are down, vinyl is slowly, but surely, making a comeback, and will probably find a new audience. #13 is another that I take with a grain of salt, because again, of the slow reemergence of vinyl. #6 I'm in agreement with, as touring is just one way for the artist to make money. Sometimes, as in the hallowed rock n' roll cases of Buddy Holly and Badfinger, money made from touring is unscrupulously taken by managers.

...although CD sales are down, vinyl is slowly, but surely, making a comeback, and will probably find a new audience. #13 is another that I take with a grain of salt, because again, of the slow reemergence of vinyl.

I'm sorry, but I don't see where the statistics prove this theory about vinyl making a comeback. I just don't see it.

As for the artist being able to 'skip the middle man' (a record label)... Sure. It may be easier than ever to make the recording, but it's harder to get the recording heard. Just because it's right in front of you on You tube doesn't mean you're inclined to click on it. And even if you do click on it, is it going to keep your attention for the whole three or four minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom