"Taste Of Honey" Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love live video, especially one from back in the day...different from a studio recording any hits or misses makes it more human.

Funny how 60s music appearances always seemed to have a bunch of "dancing girls" on the stage. I guess the directors thought it made things seem more "hip."

I am wondering whether it's really "live" (with an audience) or not. Clearly it's at least a "live in the studio" recording, but the audience keeps yelling "OLE!" which is totally out of place on this song. I have a feeling the audience is dubbed in since they are never shown and there is zero applause at the end.

I think that the dancers have more to do with performing "INSTRUMENTAL" music, which was probably thought to be a substitute for lack of lyrics. I gotta say out of all the video clips of the TJB on TV (and I have very many) the dancers are totally inane - with the exception of Barrie Chase, who was Fred Astaire's dance partner. Also, I think that the "Ole's" were on tape and mixed in to give those Brits more of the Tijuana feel. :wink:

The only Tijuana Brass videos that were officially released were those found on the now rare VERY BEST OF HERB ALPERT on both VHS in the U.K. and LaserDisc in Japan.

Other videos from various specials have been placed on Herb's site, but are essentially YouTube presentations linked to there.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom