Talk of The Town concert February 1974 London

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAPPYONE

can anyone tell me more about this concert please,i have found the clip of SHH Boom on youtube but can find little else.many thanks!

In that clip above, did anyone notice Karen's voice falters on the opening line of 'For All We Know' at 2m35s? A rare mis-step and she notices it immediately, pulling the mic away from her mouth.

thank you for sharing that Harry.I wonder if anyone has any more clips?

Think the BBC need some pressure applied to release archive concert performances ready for the 50th anniversary.
(Wishing.....hoping......& a praying!!)

The annoying thing is that I used to have the entire concert on my external hard drive but the hard drive decided to break :sad: It's a fabulous gig and of course we hear Karen 'choffing' (Tonight Show reference) on For All We Know.

Yeah, I remember the infamous 'flub' on 'For All We Know', but I'd bet nobody in the band commented on it (except maybe Richard). Good to see that she could actually make a mistake, too, but guaranteed she wasn't happy about that. LOL>> That was the same gig where the musicians were playing more loosely, and Karen laid into them about it afterwards.

Yeah, I remember the infamous 'flub' on 'For All We Know', but I'd bet nobody in the band commented on it (except maybe Richard). Good to see that she could actually make a mistake, too, but guaranteed she wasn't happy about that. LOL>> That was the same gig where the musicians were playing more loosely, and Karen laid into them about it afterwards.

King of comforting to that no one is perfect.......even Miss Carpenter!!

yes i did notice Karen singing off key,we all have our off days i guess!! thanks for all the replies folks.I agree Chris lets hope it get released by the BBC very soon!

Wow, just how much live stuff is out there for audio and DVD?...and by out there, I mean with Richard.
Well, quite a bit, really. I would love to have Japan 1972 for example. And, I think, holland 1974? Where the cameras stay with Karen on Mr. Guder so you can really see her stick work and smiles at Doug. So radiant!

For example.

"Sh-Boom" is CORNY!!!! But, then, anything that Karen sings on is alright w/me!!!! :cool:

-- Dave

Three sections of the concert are here, including Sh-Boom:

Harry

When Karen starts singing 'For all we know' it seems like maybe she was out of breath more than anything because she had trouble holding notes that for her were usually effortless with her seemingly endless reserve of lung capacity...just my two shekels worth...

I think she just has a frog in her throat which makes her lose the note - not a flub as such just bad luck. The only time I've thought she wasn't quite on a note was the final one she hits/doesn't quite hit on Little Drummer Boy.

I think she just has a frog in her throat which makes her lose the note - not a flub as such just bad luck. The only time I've thought she wasn't quite on a note was the final one she hits/doesn't quite hit on Little Drummer Boy.

Do you mean Little Altar Boy?

Sorry. Actually meant Do You Hear What I Hear.:)

I'd agree with you there. There's something ever so slightly out about the first second or two of that last note she holds. She recovers it but the very beginning is a tiny bit sharp. It's always bugged me.

I'd agree with you there. There's something ever so slightly out about the first second or two of that last note she holds. She recovers it but the very beginning is a tiny bit sharp. It's always bugged me.

But wasn't that a demo? I bet with the flub she made on the first verse that the entire track would have been re-done....so with that I'd forgive Karen for any issue on this one because if she had lived we probably would have never seen this one. Her voice is like butter on the opening, smoothest I've ever heard her sing.

But wasn't that a demo? I bet with the flub she made on the first verse that the entire track would have been re-done....so with that I'd forgive Karen for any issue on this one because if she had lived we probably would have never seen this one. Her voice is like butter on the opening, smoothest I've ever heard her sing.

Yeah it was a work lead and probably would never have seen the light of day had Karen lived. I'm just nit picking over what my ears hear I guess. One of the rare occasions where auto tune might have helped correct this, had it existed back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom