🎵 AotW Split Enz - CONFLICTING EMOTIONS (SP-4963)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Split Enz
CONFLICTING EMOTIONS

A&M SP-4963

sp4963.jpg

A1 Strait Old Line 3:58
A2 Bullet Brain And Cactus Head 3:54
A3 Message To My Girl 4:01
A4 Working Up An Appetite 4:04
A5 Our Day 4:55
B1 No Mischief 4:13
B2 The Devil You Know 3:33
B3 I Wake Up Every Night 4:47
B4 Conflicting Emotions 4:30
B5 Bon Voyage 4:02

Notes
Includes a printed inner sleeve.

Made In Australia By Festival Records Pty Ltd.

Recorded at Paradise Studios, Sydney, Australia.
Mixed at EMI Studios 301, Sydney, Australia.
Mixed on Sony Digital PCM1610.
Lyrics reprinted by kind permission of Mushroom Music Pty. Limited.

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on July 21, 1984
Charted for ten weeks and peaked at # 137
Reissued on CD in 1991 by Mushroom Records in Australia (D 19543)

JB

Anyone here heard this one? I've got all the Crowded House albums and have started to collect all the Split Enz records as well (which is a significantly harder task), but I have yet to get this one. I do have a best-of, though, with "Message to My Girl," which is a first-rate single. Not sure how the rest of the album is in comparison, though. Thoughts?

Not as strong as their previous A&M efforts, but better than their first few "pre-A&M" (and I'm speaking of the US labels -- it's all on Mushroom down under). By this point Tim had already done a solo LP and Neil was gearing up Crowded House.

I'm just going through my old mans collection that I finally dug out of storage, there are several mint Split Enz records, including a picture disc of the "I Don't Wanna Dance" single SP-17157

Very cool find, redclove! I don't have that one myself, but I've seen a video on YouTube of someone playing their copy, and I've got to say that is one of the coolest picture discs I've ever seen! What's on the flip side of that one?

Very nice! I've definitely got a curiosity for visually interesting pieces of vinyl, like picture discs or laser-etched discs or colored vinyl, so I love seeing pictures of items like this. (I'll have to relocate the link, but if you're interested in looking at it, I was at a website just a week or two ago that had a whole photo gallery of picture discs that A&M had released over the years.) Thanks for sharing with us!

I never realized they did the laser-etch thing on a single! I wonder if any Styx singles got the treatment (since their Paradise Theatre album had a laser-etched release).

I also found a mint Laser Etched 45 of "One Step Ahead" / In the Wars just like this one:

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE+59,(gBJBP+H9zFP6Q~~60_35.JPG
Wow!! Is that a Canada release, or US...? I'd keep an eye out for one locally. That's too cool not to own. :D

It's American... I believe it was A&M's only laser-etched single... THe whole "laser-etching" thing seems to have been shortlived, even shorter than picture discs, shaped vinyl or colored vinyl...

--Mr Bill

Looks like the eBay link is not showing. Software problem?

I might sell my copy, I'll be sure to drop a note in here if anyone is interested in adding it to their collection (if that's ok), after I finish cataloging my old mans collection. Same goes for the "I don't Wanna Dance" picture disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom