Sheet Music Herb Alpert and the TJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reijer_59

Since one year i am learning to play the trumpet and are looking for herb and his TJB's sheet music. If there is someone who can help me out i would be very greatfull. Offcourse i want to share in any cost that have to be made to achieve this goal. Online i have bought "The Lonely Bull", "Tijana Taxi" and "Rise". I hope there are members here that can help me out. I would be very greatfull.

Musical greetings,
Reijer den Hartog
The Netherlands

Most of the original sheet music and books are long out of print. There's a couple of items available. One is a play-along CD/book that is in different keys:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/book...rb-alpert--jazz-play-along-volume-164-book-cd

Another is called the Herb Alpert Collection, which has transcriptions of his horn work on various songs, including some solos:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title...286942&pdv=c&gclid=COWB_8fXi70CFZRr7AodfBYAQQ

Other than that you can try your luck on eBay for some of those out-of-print books that were popular in the 60's.

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi,

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that members who might be in possession of the original sheet music and / or books out of the 60's would reply. There must be more Herb Alpert fans inhere who play the trumpet from childhood and might have the older musicbooks in there possession. As i said i'm happy to pay any cost as copying, scanning and postal services. At the age of 54 i hope to make my dream come true and learn to play alomg with my still favorite music.

So folks out there who have these musicbooks please help me out.

Musical greetings,
Reijer den Hartog
The Netherlands

I have an old Selecciones book, from the '60's... (Too bad that I still don't now how to play anything in it...)

-- Dave

Goodafternoon Dave,

Great to hear that and thank you for the reply. Do you want to share the book with me please? And if you do so how can we arrange that a copy of the book comes my way. I live in The Netherlands (Europe). Love to hear your answer. If you want to reply to private e-mail please let me know. Thank you very much for now.

Musical greetings,
Reijer den Hartog
The Netherlands

Thanks for the message Ed. It's a shame the have to be so expensive. Never the less thank you for helping me out

Greetings,
Reijer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom