Sergio at the Vibrato

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardWarner

Contributor
Just booked two Delta air lines tickets and bought four VIP seats to see Sergio, Herb's band, Adam and Alan Arkin, and Jeff Goldblum in a Sept 7th fundraiser for Cystic Fibroisis at Vibrato.

It's a $tretch but...You only live once!

Event details at herbalpertpresents.com

Herb is going to be in Montana for the first time since the 1960s....he will be in Whitefish. I would love to go, but it's a 9-hour drive from here...on a Tuesday....in November....in a town that's all two-lane roads from here. Soooo, given the unpredictable weather that time of the year, plus the day of the week, probably not gonna happen unfortunately. I sure wish the "music people" in Billings (largest city in the state) would wake up and book Herb. That town is only an hour and 20 minutes from here and has a terrific performing arts theater.

Wouldn't you know that Herb and Lani are booked into a venue no more than a mile from my former home in Los Gatos, California? They're playing the Montalvo Aboretum...and I had to move to Florida? Geesh!

LOL!!

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Same here. Sellersville, PA is just up the road from where I lived in Montgomeryville and there are no Florida dates on the list.

The fundraiser sounds fantastic Richard, so have a great time. Alan Arkin was part of The Tarriers, a folk/pop group that had a big hit with "The Banana Boat Song" in the '50s. Most people thing of Harry Belafonte in connection with that song, but The Tarriers version, I believe, charted higher. It was one of my fave childhood records.

Harry

Off the record, I know that Hector Elizando has served as Musical Director for Sergio a time or two -- usually at the LA Music Academy for various benefits.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Since this thread went kinda sideways, I'll continue it. We'll be at the 1st stop (Oct. 11) of the H&L tour - Infinity Hall - a brand new theatre in Hartford (CT), front row center. Wish you all could join us here!

Steve

I wish he'd play Atlanta again. Herb was here for the "Under a Spanish Moon" tour and has said the performance with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra was one of the most memorable of his touring career.

Sprung for the "VIP" seats at Vibrato, which guarantee first or second row. Maybe we'll get an appetizer for the extra $75 per ticket...

There's an interesting pic on HAP.com with Bibi Vogel singing with Lani--could that have been the audition?

I've had this as my screen saver for some time now. It's so cool. Don't know if it's the audition -- says they're playing a private party, but the girls are wearing casual clothes, so I've wondered the same thing.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Funny, the one currently on Herb Alpert Presents is just a bit different from the one I have saved on my computer:

Brasil66PhotoSing.jpg
Brasil66PhotoSing2.jpg

Harry

Maybe they were taken rapid-fire, so the company would have some idea of how they photograph. Sounds small in the scheme of things, but appearance meant everything -- especially to a prospective label. Just a thought.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom