Richard Carpenter Interview Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYBIMLA

Richard, "keeper of the flame", has had a number of TV appearances in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Feel free to add to these. Which ones where your favourites or most cohesive interview? What do you gather from him? He always spoke eloquently and you can tell he's a very smart man. Never misses a beat.

GMA 1983

CBS News Nightwatch '83

Excerpts from 'Carpenters Forever', a Japanese documentary from 2002 which features some nice interview excerpts with Richard :)

He did quite a bit of TV spots back in the day. Guess we're lucky to have these for reference especially if there are no more interviews in sight.

A friendly reminder from the moderators that discussion about the details of Karen's cause-of-death or use of pharmaceuticals is not allowed on this forum. We feel that this kind of discussion invades the family's privacy and can seem in poor taste. Comments that have delved into this territory will be deleted.

A suggestion: If you want to discuss a specific video, maybe it would be best to start a new thread about that video (and include a fresh link to it), thereby keeping this thread concise and on-track.

A friendly reminder from the moderators that discussion about the details of Karen's cause-of-death or use of pharmaceuticals is not allowed on this forum. We feel that this kind of discussion invades the family's privacy and can seem in poor taste. Comments that have delved into this territory will be deleted.

A suggestion: If you want to discuss a specific video, maybe it would be best to start a new thread about that video (and include a fresh link to it), thereby keeping this thread concise and on-track.

I agree that it seems in poor taste, but I don't agree that it invades the family's privacy because the family has been upfront with what they know. It was their method to try to find a positive to such a tragic situation by hopefully preventing others from following the same path as Karen. Poor taste is really all you needed to say.

Along those same lines, I also feel it is in poor taste when people make comments about how sick Karen looks in photos and videos. I was catching up on some threads yesterday regarding rare photos and it seemed people were fixated on how thin or sick she looked. I saw a beautiful woman in every photo I looked at and it was disturbing to read people degrade her looks.

I know people don't mean harm when discussing cause-of-death or how Karen looks as everyone mourns the loss of a loved one in different ways. But when I see Karen, I am happy, not sad. She made my world a better place and still does to this day. I bet she impacted everyone here the same way. So why be obsessed with a sad element and not all of the good she brought to this world?

Everyone has a personal demon. Karen was no different than us. It's just her demon may have contributed to her death while our demons haven't killed us yet. I believe Karen was happy most of the time as we are normally happy most of the time. Don't allow anorexia to define who Karen was, just like you wouldn't want people to obsess about your demon. Celebrate the people who have lived and the good they have brought to the world. I think that is how Karen would want us to remember her.

Last edited:
I don't agree that it invades the family's privacy because the family has been upfront with what they know. It was their method to try to find a positive to such a tragic situation by hopefully preventing others from following the same path as Karen. Poor taste is really all you needed to say.
Since we've been down this road multiple times in the past, we tend to jump on this kind of thing early in an effort to keep it from going down that road yet again; and we tend to "overexplain" our moderation decisions in an effort to stop arguments before they start. It's very likely the discussion WOULD have devolved to things that are just not what this forum is about -- which is the music and the facts surrounding its creation. Having said that --- future posts in this thread that are not on the topic (links to video interviews!) will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom