RARE TJB FILM FROM 1968

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Here is a film that I shot of Herb & TJB at Yale Bowl on June 14, 1968. There is no sound, it's B&W and grainy, but for an item about 47 years old, I thought it would be fun to share with you all.

Well you can tell toward the end they're doing "Zorba The Greek" with the tympani going and Bob leading the hand clapping. Neat archival footage, thanks Steve.

Harry

Very cool. Do you happen to remember the set list? :wink: Since Beat Of The Brass was out by this time I was curious what songs from that album they did (although I'm sure "This Guy..." was a part of it by then).

How old were you when you filmed this?

Capt. Bacardi

I also have some short clips of The Checkmates, Ltd. Too bad the technology wasn't farther along. Sound, color and higher resolution would be great.

I was about two months shy of 16 and this was the 2nd time our family went to see Herb & TJB at this venue. In 1966, we saw Sergio open for The Brass. About $6 for a ticket!

Don't have much recall of the set list, although I'm sure that all the hits were likely there.

Really cool video. Old 8mm films have a real mystique about them... grainy images, no sound, almost like you're peering into another world from the past.

This makes me wonder... were there any TJB concerts that were professionally recorded? Not like a TV special, but an actual concert recording? It seems the mostly unreleased Live in London 1969 may be the closest thing.

I remember reading that there were some concerts recorded (Carnegie Hall, for example) but Herb didn't care for the sound and destroyed those tapes.

Capt. Bacardi

What year were the Carnegie Hall tapes from? It would be nice to have a good record from a 1960s concert, but, looking on Youtube, those clips from Herb and the TJB-TNG are pretty darn good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom