Quiereme Tal Como Soy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I just stumbled onto a video of "Quiereme Tal Como Soy", Herb's Spanish vocal on FANDANGO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Ma_WMDf6k

I never knew that a video existed of this song - and though the capture method on Youtube is a bit crude (using a video camera in front of a TV), it still allows us to see something long buried.

In fact, it appears that this came from some kind of documentary on a Germanic television station, as Herb speaks after the song's over.

Harry

This was from a TV special that I first saw on Galavision back in 1982. It was mainly aired for Latin audiences. Unfortunately, I didn't have a VCR back then. Several songs from Fandango were featured with this kind of video format, as well as a brief bio of Herb's career.

Capt. Bacardi

The trouble with having literally thousands of videotapes is you forget what's there. Just unearthed a viewing copy* of "Fandango", the show made for Latin audiences, complete with Spanish subtitles. And a very nice bit of telly it is, too, with Herb (and Lani) talking at considerable length about the album in both English and Spanish; some bits borrowed from other TV specials like the 'Taste of Honey' sequence with the string orchestra on the beach (must have been a truly horrendous and expensive sequence to film) mixed with tracks from 'Fandango' recorded on locations that look like they're in Mexico. Herb miming trumpet and a handful of dancers and girls in bikinis. Lani and Herb sing a lipsynced version of 'Come What May' as well. 'Rise' comes into it too, and Aria herself introduces "Aria".

*A tape made for TV station use with burnt-in timecode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom