POCO LOCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool video..sure sounds like Herb on the horn. Sounds a little like a cross between Herb's salsa tunes and some of Sergio Mendes' recent music.

Does anyone recognize the roller coaster shown from 1:55 - 2:25? (Maybe Randy could tell us where it is.)

hi mike, I do agree 100% I know that style and tone of Herb's trumpet anywhere. so I would truly agree that is Herb playing the trumpet. I know Randy knows for sure.because he was there in the studio recording the song.
bob

also I remember back in the 60's when the tjb released a new song and played it on the radio. I knew that tone of his trumpet and the style of there music. and plus. Herb's trumpet does not have a brassy sound like Al Hirt Harry James, or Maynard Furguson. those trumpet players the sound of there trumpets even thou they played in a higher range so I can tell the tone differeces with putting' on the ritz I can tell he played the benge. or a yamaha. example like Herb's Magic man the cover that trumpet is a king silver flair.and that had a different tone than the benge, and 4 months ago i went back to the music store where I took lessons back in 1968. the owner died so his son took over and he let me try several professional trumpets. he let me play his own trumpet a king 2000 which he told me replaced the silver flair and a holton and a yamaha which he told me plays like a benge. and he told me of all the trumpets I tried there I sounded better on the yamaha.and to this day I still play the trumpet.so I grew to know all trumpets do not sound the same. they all have different tones.so the above video is to me without doubt is herb playing the trumpet.
bob

also I remember back in the 60's when the tjb released a new song and played it on the radio. I knew that tone of his trumpet and the style of there music. and plus. Herb's trumpet does not have a brassy sound like Al Hirt Harry James, or Maynard Furguson. those trumpet players the sound of there trumpets even thou they played in a higher range so I can tell the tone differeces with putting' on the ritz I can tell he played the benge. or a yamaha. example like Herb's Magic man the cover that trumpet is a king silver flair.and that had a different tone than the benge, and 4 months ago i went back to the music store where I took lessons back in 1968. the owner died so his son took over and he let me try several professional trumpets. he let me play his own trumpet a king 2000 which he told me replaced the silver flair and a holton and a yamaha which he told me plays like a benge. and he told me of all the trumpets I tried there I sounded better on the yamaha.and to this day I still play the trumpet.so I grew to know all trumpets do not sound the same. they all have different tones.so the above video is to me without doubt is herb playing the trumpet.
bob

First trumpet I ever played was a Holton. I am aware of the rhyme.

Anybody else think that Randy looks a lot like Charlie Sheen?

Dan

It's not just the style that defines it as Herb - it's the harmonies and improv as well. No question about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom