Pat Cooper - Spaghetti Sauce & Other Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a thread about this a few years back. Don't know about it being a "riot". I think it's more pathetic and shows lack of imagination like all of the other ripoff covers.

Capt. Bacardi

Tell me how you really feel...LOL! I thought it was hilarious. There's a Soul Asylum version that I've seen that I like too: "Clam Dip and Other Delights". Don't have that one though.

Ed

By the time this cover was released the expression " Beating a Dead Horse into the ground" Applied to it AND "All Future Ripoffs INCLUDING. SOUL ASYLUM'S Pathetic Attempt decades later. Just my opinion I agree with The Captain on This one.

I agree with the captain and bbrmn that cover with pat cooper and soul asylum is in very bad taste I am sure Herb alpert was very much insulted.I am not sure if Herb sued for defamation of character or somethng.becasue that design was as I did

the reseach on back of whipped cream it was designed by Peter Worf design

bob

I can appreciate a parody for the spirit in which it is intended. Nobody mentioned here had ill will in creating them. Lapses in judgment perhaps? Maybe, but at this late date, all of these covers are just a footnote in history. Rewhipped itself is a parody also and I didn't see any complaints about that one. But if imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery...Herb must be beside himself. :laugh: It also underscores the social impact that the iconic Whipped Cream album cover had. I can't even think of many other album covers which inspired so many things--album covers, and even an art car.

How about a side of sauerkraut?

%25E2%2580%25A2%2B2008-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom