One on One Interview - Richard Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
An interview has surfaced on youtube (posted by Ned Nickerson), which some of you may not have seen before. When trying to work out when it was filmed, I realised there is an error in the interviewer's background dialogue which confused me - he mentions that Richard still lives close to his parents (plural) and has two children. That's impossible, because Harold died on October 15, 1988 and Richard's second child Traci did not arrive until July, 1989. I went away and did some digging and found out it was aired in October 1991. (Richard's third child, Mindi, was born in July 1992).

Part 1

Part 2

That's a nice interview. Pretty sure I saw it in 1991, as well. Hadn't seen it since it aired. Richard goes into details about Karen's illness and passing that he would never do today.

In a way, it's easy to understand why Richard wants to put the focus back on the music. I can't imagine interview after interview being asked about the most tragic part of my life over and over and over.

I hadn't seen that before, so thanks for sharing it.

I still think Richard seems guarded in interviews. I'm not saying he is hiding something as such, but there is a lot he is not saying nonetheless. I guess he has his reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom