Olivia! Yesterday once more, who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I meant to post a reply....new to me??? Ha well you know the answer already....yes I have seen this and she is lovely, it's an ok version but no body sings it like Karen!!! Still great to see that Olivia covered it and a live version at that. Olivia's version looses it's punch without all the overdubbing and work that Richard did to make it a Carpenters hit. I like Olivia's version but for me it just lies there and doesn't really go any where, I do like her patchwork dress and ambience feel. However, The Carpenters version just so much better.

Thanks for posting; the clip is new to me. I like ONJ's singles from the 1970's (esp. "Have You Never Been Mellow?"). So, ONJ's version of YOM is about what I'd have expected, but a question: was her dress also the rug? I've heard of tight budgets for some of those TV specials, but c'mon...:rotf:

Olivia Newton-John is one of my favorite singers and this is a very good rendition of a very good song. The video is quite a pleasant surprise to me!

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom