Older LP Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

redclove

Hey folks, not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, but it seems like the closest category.

I recently dug my Dads record collection out from storage, he worked for A&M Records here in Toronto (Scarborough) in the 70's and 80's. He has many interesting specimens all in mint or near mint condition. Some are picture discs, colour discs, test pressings, gold, silver, etc etc. I've got lots of pics too.

So here I am trying to find out if there is a listing or known catalog anywhere of test pressings, (most have code#'s on them) and general talk about vintage A&M discussion.

Any help would be great, feel free to move this thread in it's proper place if need be. regards

Matt

Very interesting collection there--we don't have much on A&M Canada, so any discussion is welcome. Many of us have at least a couple of A&M Canada releases, even more so when we live near a "border" town.

One series that was sold down here in the US was the A&M Audiophile series, which was marketed by Canada and pressed at the JVC facility in Japan (the same place where Mobile Fidelity was having theirs pressed--Jack Hunt's initials appear in the runout area on a couple of my A&M Audiophile pressings, and he was also actively pressing MFSL titles at the time also).

We do have a label gallery, and another member of ours contributed a few labels from his collection:

http://amcorner.com/gallery/v/labels/album26/

(Reminds me that the gallery is due for an overhaul, as I have another system in the works...)

I'd be happy to offer what I can. Most of what my old man has is Canadian. There's a couple of live recordings from the infamous El Mocambo nightclub here in Toronto, one I can think of is Gallagher & Lyle, pressed just for radio purposes, never indended for sale. That was their first Canadian show, you can hear them thank A&M records towards the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom