New DVD -> Rock Legend: Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

song4yuka

It looks like new series of DVD is being created in the U.S. It is called, "Rock Legend", and Carpenters is one of the first ones to be released. Actually I do not know if it is going to be DVD series or it is to be aired on cable.

All I know is it is going to be available in Japan first. Pony Canyon is the distributor, and "Rock Legend: Carpenters" is slated to be released in Japan in early June.

Probably it will feature their biography and usual stuff. As it is being created, I do not know exactly what to expect. Speaking about what to expect, I do not know if Richard is cooperated. As you already know, if it is created with Richard's cooperation, it may contain something new. Otherwise, everything will be something we have already seen.

Anyway, as an enthusiastic fan of Carpenters, I am happy to know that there will be another DVD created, regardless of whatever it may or may not contain. Whenever I hear something new, Iwill post it here. Or please visit my website.

By the way, somebody asked if I was the Japanese featured on E!. Yes, that is me, Yuko Ogura. I have changed my name from Yuko to Yuka.

See you in 2007!
Yuka
http://iceland.cool.ne.jp/yuka/english/Carp/

I have changed my name from Yuko to Yuka.
This is just my American curiosity getting the best of me, but why change your name? (And, apologies if it's improper to ask.)

Thanks for the infos Yuka.
RolandChayer-HappyMusicSmiley.gif

By the way, Yuka, I have a link to your site on my new forum..., mostly to thank you for The Mook and great Carpenters infos through the years.

I guess it rhymes well with her last name....Yuka Ogura

"I've sung a lot of songs that make some bad rhymes.........."
Kenny

I purchased this DVD years ago when it came out and watched it.

I forgot all about it until recently I dug out my Carpenters collection.
It certainly seems like a mix of the A&E, E, and other specials. It does have some excellent clips. Some of it is nicely put together, some looks like they tried to hide the logos. The narrator's voice leaves a lot to be desired!

What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom