Lessons from A&M helped me grow my business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Richard. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Harry

Great article. All the artists I've encountered have positive things to say about their associations with A&M.
JB

Richard, I don't believe this. I followed you at WAGA-TV and at WXIA-TV, I watched you every morning at 11Alive. I was the one who sent you the memo about the release of Lovelines. Richard Carpenter's people sent me a letter in response to my letter asking if there were more unreleased recordings. I picked up on two unreleased songs from Richard and Karen in the CBS-TV movie, "The Karen Carpenter Story". I checked with A&M once a month afterwards because they didn't want to release information on the new album because the choice for the title had not been finalized. Once Richard made up his mind, A&M gave me the album name and release date. I sent the information to you and was surprised when you read it on the air. I didn't know if it would be considered business news but I took a chance. I have always studied A&M and their artists. I learned about release rights from Amy Grant. She moved over to A&M in 1985. She continued to be carried on Word Records in Christian bookstores and had the A&M label at Turtles and other stores. If you are up for lunch, I live in metro Atlanta, boy would I like to talk to you. Herb Alpert has been another great A&M artist I have followed.

Richard, I don't believe this. I followed you at WAGA-TV and at WXIA-TV, I watched you every morning at 11Alive. I was the one who sent you the memo about the release of Lovelines. Richard Carpenter's people sent me a letter in response to my letter asking if there were more unreleased recordings. I picked up on two unreleased songs from Richard and Karen in the CBS-TV movie, "The Karen Carpenter Story". I checked with A&M once a month afterwards because they didn't want to release information on the new album because the choice for the title had not been finalized. Once Richard made up his mind, A&M gave me the album name and release date. I sent the information to you and was surprised when you read it on the air. I didn't know if it would be considered business news but I took a chance. I have always studied A&M and their artists. I learned about release rights from Amy Grant. She moved over to A&M in 1985. She continued to be carried on Word Records in Christian bookstores and had the A&M label at Turtles and other stores. If you are up for lunch, I live in metro Atlanta, boy would I like to talk to you. Herb Alpert has been another great A&M artist I have followed.
Sure — you can private message me on LinkedIn or submit a comment on richardwarner.com and I'll respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom