Least Favourite Track From Each Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

I thought it might be interesting to note the least favourite track from each album. We've done the best, so might be fun to flip it. We may well have this post in the dim and distant past but if so, I can't remember it.

OFFERING- CLANCY
CLOSE TO YOU - I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
CARPENTERS- ONE LOVE
A SONG FOR YOU- IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME
NOW AND THEN- JAMBALAYA
HORIZON - PLEASE MISTER POSTMAN
A KING OF HUSH-BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
PASSAGE-MAN SMART
MADE IN AMERICA-THE WEDDING SONG
VOICE-PRIME TIME LOVE
LOVELINES-WHEN I FALL IN LOVE

Over to you, guys.

Another interesting exercise !
Here goes, based, primarily, on how often I skip them....
Offering...Your Wonderful Parade ( I rather tire of the speaking intro)
Close To You...Mr. Guder ( Don't think I'll ever warm up to this song, a waste of Richard's talents.)
Carpenters......Druscilla Penny ( one of those few I really do not like)
A Song For You....Piano Picker ( sounds like filler to me)
Now & Then...Deadman's Curve ( well, at least it's not Daddy's Home)
Horizon....Desperado (plodding along, uninspired arrangement)
A Kind of Hush....Breaking Up Is Hard To Do ( there's some noise in this song that really grates on my ears)
Passage...Man Smart, Woman Smarter ( another ear-clenching, noisy one for me)
Made In America....I Believe You (I try, I really do...to like this song...but, the arrangement does not sit well at all, for me)
Voice of the Heart....Now ( so many reasons, not least because ,as Richard states , Karen was at a physical low point here)
Lovelines....Slow Dance (Karen, flawless vocal...nothing else about the song interests me).

Last edited:
Offering- "Eve", hands down. Draggy at best.
Close to You- "Help". Beatles covers should be few and far between.
Carpenters- "Druscilla Penny". Enough said.
A Song For You- "Intermission" ruins an otherwise superb disc.
Now & Then- "Heather". A pretty tune but Geritol indeed.
Horizon- "Happy"- all the synth work seems forced to me.
A Kind of Hush- "Sandy". Middle of the road and bland.
Passage- "Man Smart". Too over the top.
Made in America- "Because We are in Love". Hated it from the first listen the day it was released.
Voice of the Heart- ""Two Lives". It just doesn't fit.
Lovelines- "Little Girl Blue". I LOVE the 40s, but not this one.

Love this thread! Here are mine:

Offering: Ticket To Ride, hands down. The only time Karen is caught singing consistently under pitch. This version of the song should be permanently deleted.
Close To You: Crescent Moon. Awful, sleeper of a song that goes absolutely nowhere.
Carpenters: Druscilla Penny. Richard's lisp and that awful 'scratch' kick drum spoil it completely.
A Song For You: It's Going To Take Some Time. Never liked their version, too timid, no impact and it should never have been a single.
Now And Then: Sing. Childish, trite song not befitting a multi-million selling act 1973. Represents absolutely no growth in them as a duo.
Horizon: Love Me For What I Am. Karen's doubled leads spoil the song and it's too close to (Caught Between) Goodbye And I Love You to have much effect.
A Kind Of Hush: I Have You. Karen's harmonies with herself never sounded right to me, almost as if she can't be bothered to make the effort?
Passage: Man Smart, Woman Smarter. Same league as my choice for Offering. Should be permanently deleted.
Made In America: I Believe You. Too trite for them to be recording so late in their career.
Voice Of The Heart: Two Lives. Karen's vocal sounds strained in the choruses, as if she's either out of breath or straining to reach the notes.
Lovelines: Little Girl Blue. A standard yes, but too old fashioned for Carpenters and just cemented their reputation as out of date and touch.

Offering - Invocation and Benediction feel very out of place. Even though they're good examples of the Carpenters overdubbing sound, they're too churchy for the otherwise very secular album. Invocation works as a standalone song, so Benediction gets my vote.

Close to You - For the longest time, it was Help!, but that's grown on me, so I'll say I Kept On Loving You. I like it okay, but it doesn't match up to the other tracks, which I think are really some of the Carpenters best stuff.

Carpenters - I'm gonna be different and not say Druscilla Penny. My vote actually goes to the Bacharach/David Medley, just by virtue of the fact that the complete and FAR superior version is available. The speeding up of songs like Knowing When to Leave just doesn't do it for me, and cutting down Make It Easy On Yourself to just three lines is a shame.

A Song For You - In an album that almost looks like a compilation because it's got so many great titles on it, Intermission almost seems like it was included as a joke for Alpert and Moss, and got released on accident.

Now and Then - As nice as Heather is, it's out of place.

Horizon - I Can Dream, Can't I is nice, but on an album that Richard himself said had too many ballads, surely something more fitting could have taken its place.

A Kind of Hush - Goofus may be the single biggest mistake Richard ever made in terms of song choice, and I think he'd say the same.

Passage - Man Smart is certainly an off-the-wall choice, but I actually enjoy it. It's an improvement over Goofus because at least it's more upbeat and exciting. I prefer it over B'wana She No Home.

Made in America - Somebody's Been Lyin' is just too dull of a dirge for me.

Voice of the Heart - Another tough one because I really like all of these. I guess At the End of a Song is the least interesting of the ten.

Lovelines - Little Girl Blue. Another tough choice because I don't terribly mind it, but I usually pass over it on shuffle.

Disclaimer: Although, per thread, I am listing my "least favourite track from each album," it doesn't detract from my obsessive admiration and fandom of the Carpenters.

Ticket to Ride: "All I Can Do" --- to my ears, tedious.
Close to You: "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" --- though somewhat catchy, it's too old school today; it was too old school back then.
Carpenters: "Druscilla Penny" --- an easy choice this time; though catchy, the lyrics alone are sub-par.
A Song for You: "Piano Picker" --- not one of Richard's best lead vocals, despite the autobiographical lyrics.
Now and Then: "I Can't Make Music" --- to my ears, a depressing song.
Horizon: "Aurora"/"Eventide" --- difficult to pick a "least favorite" here as this is my favorite Carpenters' album. Both songs are musically identical and short.
A Kind of Hush: "Sandy" --- sling your arrows and potshots now; I've just never warmed to this song, although it's obviously a fave of Richard's.
Passage: "Man Smart, Woman Smarter" --- not a smart choice for inclusion in this otherwise brilliant album.
Made in America: "When You've Got What It Takes" --- it's pleasant enough, but it has never "grabbed" me.
Voice of the Heart: "You're Enough" --- not enough going for this song for me to embrace it.
Lovelines: "Little Girl Blue" --- plodding, and my least favorite of the limited American songbook recorded by the Carpenters.

Last edited:
Offering/Ticket To Ride: I hate to start this list with a cop-out, but I enjoy every song on this album on some level or another. I wish Karen and Richard would have re-recorded the ENTIRE album in 1979 in recognition of their 10th Anniversary.

Close To You: “Help.” The only song on this classic rock album I almost always skip. I’ve never understood how this song was ever considered a contender as a single. It’s all-wrong for Karen’s voice, and it’s not even that great of a song (relative to The Beatles catalogue). Can someone “help” me understand the appeal of this song?

Carpenters: “Druscilla Penny.” Has always struck me as overly judgmental and slut-shaming, even when I listened to it as a kid growing up. For instance, I knew a woman in high school who attended concerts and hung-out at backstage doors, as they say, and she was intelligent, confident, and amazing. She went on to study at one of the most prestigious colleges in the U.S., continued “concert going,” and to this day is a phenomenal person and leader in her profession. I’m fairly certain I’ve awoken “lonely in the night” much more than she…

A Song For You: Similar to Offering, it’s difficult to find a clunker on this legendary album (and the best of the Carpenters’ bunch!), but over the years, I’d usually skip “Intermission,” but now that my son is in full-on potty training mode, I’ve grown a new appreciation for this tune, as we sing it together when it’s time to piddle. So I guess I’ll choose “Piano Picker,” even though I like it. Sorry, I just can’t hate on this album…

Now & Then: So I keep copping-out on this list, but as the last album with the original Carpenters “sound,” it’s almost impossible for me to pick a “least favorite.” Can I squeak by on just naming one of the medley tunes? I hope so…um, let’s see…okay, I guess “Fun, Fun, Fun.” *whispered voice: but I really love this song, too.

Horizon: Okay, sorry folks. I’m totally failing, here. I can’t name a song. Grateful for all of these recordings. *Dodging flying fruit and bottles amidst boos from the crowd

A Kind Of Hush: This one’s much easier. “Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.” In a word: meh. Although my brother and I had a months-long debate (what can I say? We had a lot of time on our hands in the early 1980’s…) about Karen’s adlib “chatter” at the very end. I thought she was saying, “Rich-ard!” and my brother heard, “Hey Charlie.” Anybody care to weigh-in?

Passage: “B’Wana She No Home.” This jazz-fusion opener, while featuring a fun, funky, stylistic vocal departure for Karen, was a cringe-worthy, privileged slice of oblivious racism, where the narrator barks at her paid, brown-skinned help, “Got to learn these words, and I know you will, or I'll send you right back to Guayaquil,” and “I want you to speak the English right; I want you to smile and be polite…” Ugh. Gawdawful. Of the hundreds of funky songs out there at that time, why’d they have to pick that one?

Christmas Portrait: Every song is perfect. The most perfect Christmas album ever recorded.

Made In America: “Strength Of A Woman.” While featuring some of Karen’s sexiest vocals, that alone doesn’t save the track for me; the choral background voices make this one “outtake” material for me.

Voice Of The Heart: Ugh. Failing again. I love every track on this album. At first listen, I thought it would be the last “new” recordings we’d ever hear, which might be part of the reason why each track seems precious to me.

An Old-Fashioned Christmas: When I first bought this album, the instrumental tracks were a chore, but over time, I’ve grown to love them. Another fail for me, as I love all the songs here.

Lovelines: “Remember When Lovin’ Took All Night.” I think I’ve mentioned this previously on these pages, but Karen’s vocal on this record is unconvincing. It’s supposed to be a sexy song, right? But her vocals are so perky on this track, it could be my third grade teacher, which is the most un-sexy thing ever. This track feels, to me, like the musical equivalent of walking in on your parents. Kill. Me. Now.

OFFERING/TICKET TO RIDE: also going with "Ticket To Ride" ONLY because we hear how much better it can be done in my opinion in 1973.
CLOSE TO YOU: "I Kept On Loving You" nice, but my least fav.
CARPENTERS: Toss up between "Saturday" and "Druscilla Penny"
A SONG FOR YOU: "Piano Picker"
NOW & THEN: "Deadman's Curve"
HORIZON: "I Can Dream Can't I"
A KIND OF HUSH: "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"
PASSAGE: "Man Smart Woman Smarter"
CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT: "O Come O Come Emanuel"
MADE IN AMERICA: "Because We Are In Love"
VOICE OF THE HEART: "Two Lives"
AN OLD FASHIONED CHRSTMAS: "My Favorite Things"
LOVELINES: "Little Girl Blue"
AS TIME GOES BY: "Dizzy Fingers"

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Although, per thread, I am listing my "least favourite track from each album," it doesn't detract from my obsessive admiration and fandom of the Carpenters.

A Kind of Hush: "Sandy" --- sling your arrows and potshots now; I've just never warmed to this song, although it's obviously a fave of Richard's.

Consider the first arrow slung!!!!! :) :wink: :)

A challenge to every poster in this thread. Make your own compilation of the tracks you've listed and listen to it. Then judge it to see how you feel about it.

Harry

Good point, Patrick !
Least favorite...well, upon any listen to any One album--when first we purchased and listened to said album--
will reveal that there is an order of songs chosen as our favorite down to our least favorite.....This does not
imply that the least favorite song is without merit....merely that the other songs on the album are better to our senses....!
Would there be the same discontent were this the list of our very favorite on each album...of course, not.....we are
simply places nine other songs (if an album of ten ) below our favorite!

Nowhere in my challenge did I suggest that these were disliked. I only wanted you all to listen to your 'least favorites' and report back. How did the compilation make you feel? Did anything change your mind? Were you surprised at anything?

Just a challenge - nothing more.

Harry

This seems like it will be tough - but here goes.... Jumping in...

Ticket To Ride / Offering: What's The Use? - Perhaps my least favorite of the entire catalog. I am not sure I ever listened to it all the way through!

Close To You: Crescent Noon (Always a Fast Forward!)

Carpenters: Druscilla Penny (Although I rarely skipped over it back in the day...)

A Song For You: Flat Baroque

Now & Then: Heather

Horizon: I Can Dream Can't I* (Okay - James75, I am expecting an arrow or two, myself!) I'm a little like Must Hear This Album above... Not a dud in the bunch... This one is a tad out of sync, I'd say - that's why I listed it - but I didn't really want to. It's my favorite album, because I think there simply isn't a dud in the bunch. I'd almost rather list two for 'Hush"...

A Kind Of Hush: Goofus. Honorable mention to: Boat To Sail.

Passage: On The Balcony of Casa Rosada. If that's a cheat, I'd have to go with Man Smart, Woman Smarter.

Christmas Portrait: Practically perfect in every way... However, gun to my head?? Silver Bells

Made In America: (Intro to Because We Are In Love OR the Chorus of Strength Of A Woman. I'm cheating, I know... I love the verses on Strength, but detest the chorus. Do we get a 'cheat' - or do I HAVE to commit? :wink:

Voice Of The Heart: Cheating again: The background Vocals on Now. I can't pick a weak one here...

An Old Fashioned Christmas: What a gift... I don't want to pick one from here either! I imagine Oh Holy Night, as I have come to really love some vocal versions of this one at the holidays... so I'll go with this instrumental, but I like it just the same.
(Sidebar: Of course I love Celine's and Josh's versions, but check out Ronnie Milsap's Oh Holy Night... A bit of a bombastic arrangement - but it wears the listener out, by the time it's finished. Really - a quite fabulous - albeit underrated version)

Lovelines: Remember When Lovin' Took All Night

As Time Goes By: Dizzy Fingers

And Harry - - good challenge... I hate to break nearly a 45 year record on "What's The Use?" - but for you.... but What the heck!! :)

I am expecting an arrow or two, myself!
Barry, I've removed your arrow, brushed myself off, and I'm ready for more... :) I almost slung an arrow in your direction for "I Can Dream Can't I," but your explanation makes total sense.
Sidebar to your sidebar: With the voluminous Christmas recordings by the C's, it boggles my mind that we don't have Karen singing one of the most dramatic Christmas songs of all time, "O Holy Night!"

It's never easy to pick a "least favourite," so it's only natural that we might occasionally "cheat" or "cop-out," but it's an interesting exercise nonetheless...

For those that weren't around in 1971, just a bit of defense for "It's Going To Take Some Time." It's a Carole King song from her MUSIC album, the followup to the monumental TAPESTRY album. Carole King, Carpenters, Carly Simon - they were everywhere in 1971 (and all begin with "CAR"!). Radio stations had difficulty keeping these female vocals separated (there were rules in those days that one female artist couldn't follow another!).

Even though "It's Going To Take Some Time" by Carole King wasn't a single, it still got a large amount of airplay as an album track, so when Carpenters did it as a single, it seemed quite a natural progression of events.

Was it a necessary track to release as a single? I guess it seemed so at the time - and less so in hindsight. Most of us probably would have preferred more time in the sun for "Let Me Be The One", but that album's time had come and gone so quickly.

Harry

After reading this, I have a few inclusions and adjustments. First, on Lovelines, I singled out Little Girl Blue because I totally forgot Remember When Loving Took All Night. I dislike that song so much, I totally forgot about it.

Left out As Time Goes By. Least favorite Nowhere Man tied with Star Wars / Close Encounters.

Adding in the Christmas discs and the live ones.
Christmas Portrait would be the opening medley. Same for the even lengthier one on Old Fashioned Christmas.

Live in Japan
least favorite is Mr. Guder.
Live at the Palladium is Warsaw Concerto. I'd rather it have been Slaughter on 5th Avenue.

Richard solo- For Time, I'd pick Remind Me to Tell You. For Richard's Composer, Arranger, etc, I'd say they are all equal.
Karen solo- Remember When

For those that weren't around in 1971, just a bit of defense for "It's Going To Take Some Time." It's a Carole King song from her MUSIC album, the followup to the monumental TAPESTRY album. Carole King, Carpenters, Carly Simon - they were everywhere in 1971 (and all begin with "CAR"!). Radio stations had difficulty keeping these female vocals separated (there were rules in those days that one female artist couldn't follow another!).

Even though "It's Going To Take Some Time" by Carole King wasn't a single, it still got a large amount of airplay as an album track, so when Carpenters did it as a single, it seemed quite a natural progression of events.

Was it a necessary track to release as a single? I guess it seemed so at the time - and less so in hindsight. Most of us probably would have preferred more time in the sun for "Let Me Be The One", but that album's time had come and gone so quickly.

Harry
I've always loved "It's Going To Take Some Time." My favorite part? The echoing after, "the birds on the telephone line," "NEXT TIME..." So sweet. I always cringe when I read an article where K&R say, "we goofed" on that one. Agree to disagree....

Also, my son has given me a new appreciation for "Mr. Guder," as he totally lights up when they get to the "bah-bah-bah-da-da-da-da..." part, and then, "pleeeeeeeease...play your game...stay the same." I kinda love this song now.

I always thought the time spent--in Concert--explaining the genesis of song Mr. Guder
detracted from the enterprise, especially when performing overseas.
Interesting musical harmony in the song, thus, I always presumed it could be
strengthened lyrically and altered a bit to become a first rate song.
Not to mention, showing up as the flip side of (the single-45) Merry Christmas, Darling ?

Offering: Ticket To Ride. I actually don't intensely dislike anything on this record. "Ticket..." actually fails because of Karen. Her initial vocal performance is tepid and just not good enough. She was right to re-record it.

Close To You: Reason to Believe. It doesn't get much more overrated than this incredibly slight tune. How it's been covered as often as it has is a total mystery to me. Could have gone without it totally.

Carpenters: One Love. It's just unremarkable. Don't know that I hate it but it just doesn't do anything for me.

A Song For You: Crystal Lullaby. Again, just does nothing for me. No active dislike, really.

Now And Then: Jambalaya. This is like a parody of Country music. Karen's vocal is mannered and totally misses the boat. She floats over the track in blissful ignorance of what she's singing about. This is the first instance of Richard's template being applied to a tune on which it just doesn't fit.

Horizon: Desperado. The most plodding thing they ever did. I actually had trouble choosing between this and "Solitaire". I went with "Desperado" because it's the lesser tune. Both should have been jettisoned from the album and been replaced with uptempo stuff.

A Kind Of Hush: Goofus. Awful choice for tune and worse choice for a single. Bad idea in general. Why did they bother with this?

Passage: Sweet, Sweet Smile. Never been in love with this. No real hate. It just doesn't do anything for me. Not feeling the faux Country.

Made In America: Want You Back in my Life Again. How desperate could they sound? This is Richard deciding they needed a hit and whiffing hard. The lyric is far too trite for Karen to sink her teeth into so she doesn't even bother. This is absolutely her very worst vocal and double-tracking just destroys whatever life she finds in it. The silly synth programming is immediately dated and wasn't even that good for the time. It's almost like Richard couldn't fully make the leap. When he arrives at the second chorus, elevator strings come in (?!?!?) and remind us of how uncool Richard could be. This was a fatal flaw they were never going to overcome. They were never going to chart again after the fluke "Touch Me". They hadn't a clue how to be relevant in the '80's and this tune proves it better than any other. In truth, the whole record from start to finish is a dog and I almost could have picked anything for various reasons. However, "Want You..." is the very worst.

Voice Of The Heart: Make Believe It's Your First Time. Karen's solo version just destroys this. Bob James (arranger) knew what to do with this. Richard didn't have a clue. He put it right in the elevator and it fails horribly. The added bridge adds nothing to the tune either. Boring arrangement and execution.

Lovelines: Honolulu City Lights. This song does absolutely nothing for me. More faux Country and that stupid choir.

Karen Carpenter: Making Love in the Afternoon. What?!? Why did Karen waste her time with banal nonsense like this. The lyric is absolutely the worst she ever got near (same for it's writer - Peter Cetera). As a "duet", it's just lousy. Their harmonizing is just wretched. He should have taken some of the lead and she should have sung the higher harmony. With him on top, it sounds completely unbalanced and the tune is unlistenable for it.

Time: Say Yeah! NO! When Richard tried to chase trends and create a hit, he fell flat on his face. This is more proof. Richard is not and never would be a dance artist. His vocal is absolutely leaden and the track is just total silliness from beginning to end. Pamela Phillips-Oland turns in her very worst lyric here ("Up and down/ring around the roses/you move in close/I come undone") and Richard is totally unconvincing "singing" it. On this disaster of an album, this is the very worst thing on it. I will never understand how "Karen Carpenter" got rejected but "Time" was released.

Ed

Least favourite tracks can occasionally change over time. Just like favourite tracks. At the moment though I'd go for the following:

Offering/Ticket to Ride: Ticket to Ride (always comes as a shock after the later Singles album version).

Close to You: Maybe it's You (or maybe it's me - I can't be doing with the odd lyrics).

Carpenters: Tricky. The one I tend to listen to the least is One Love. The intro always reminds me of the theme tune to the Aussie soap Sons and Daughters for some reason.

Song for You: Also tricky. Bless the Beasts and the Children (though I 'd be glad to have it on any compilation album!)

Now and Then: Heather. I used to dislike Sing but over the years it has really grown on me, choir and all. Rarely listen to Heather though.

Horizon: Aurora (or Eventide).

Kind of Hush: Sandy. Really like the flute at the end though.

Passage: All You Get From Love is a Love Song. I want to really like it and feel that I should, but for some reason I tend to skip it more often than not.

Made in America: My least favourite album. I'd choose Because We Are in Love though. Too overblown.

Voice of the Heart: You're Enough. Karen just doesn't sound like her usual self. A very fragile vocal.

Lovelines: I'm surprised at how many rate Little Girl Blue as their least favourite on this album. For me it has to be Lovelines. It's my least favourite track in their entire catalogue. I revisit it sometimes to see if I've misjudged it, but no. I dislike it every time.

Didn't take me long to change my mind...'to warm up to'.....
Mr.Guder,
After watching the song on 1974's Talk of The Town,
listening and watching Karen on drums performing this tune,
Okay, I am wrong.....! Although this performance is not done exactly
as it is done on the Close To You album--seems slower in this concert performance.
As of watching this brilliant performance,which I adore,
I'm sold.

Barry, I've removed your arrow, brushed myself off, and I'm ready for more... :) I almost slung an arrow in your direction for "I Can Dream Can't I," but your explanation makes total sense.
Sidebar to your sidebar: With the voluminous Christmas recordings by the C's, it boggles my mind that we don't have Karen singing one of the most dramatic Christmas songs of all time, "O Holy Night!"

It's never easy to pick a "least favourite," so it's only natural that we might occasionally "cheat" or "cop-out," but it's an interesting exercise nonetheless...

Ullalume: This has been a fun thread! I especially like the wit people have employed in their negative captions... (i.e. Say Yeah, Say NO!),

I've found myself wanting to reply to everyone!

Couple 'reply' notes to the masses...
  • Crystal Lullaby... for me, another snoozer...
  • Guder... I think I have worked for a few Mr.Guders along the way - so I've never minded that one. Even as a ten or eleven year old, when I had no clue what the heck they were singing about, I really liked the harmonies and did my best to hit every high note when singing along... :wink:
  • Oh Holy Night (James) - I wonder if Karen neglected recording that one because the range requires more of a Streisand or a Celine type of vocalist... Not a stylist the likes of Karen with such subtleties and nuances to her reading within the middle and lower ranges... That would be a great question for Richard one of these days...
  • Lovelines, yeah - I have found myself wanting to like that one... I have never been enthralled with the lyrics, (what is a love-line?), the jumpy melody, and obviously, the title. Surprised Richard chose that one to title an album....
  • Maybe It's You... Graeme, maybe it IS you! (He says with a wink and a nod, not malice)... I always thought that one was a pretty number... Embarrassing admission alert: I always thought as a kid - and really, until kindf recently, that Karen was singing about the Ocean "king"... Not realizing the ocean came rising on the rocks... I just accepted this dude came out of the ocean! A Mer-man, as it were... Ahh, to be 10 again...
  • I also tend to agree with many on their opinions on Little Girl Blue... a little draggy but again, like many, so glad we have this as part of the legacy of Karen's beautiful vocals...
  • It's Going to Take Some Time - I always liked this one. In later years - I questioned the validity of the song as a single, particularly, with I Won't Last A Day Without You on the same album... but I remember at the time, listening and listening to those drum licks, and trying to mimic each thump on my drum-set...
Perhaps the most interesting thing here - is that no one person has matched another on too many choices throughout the albums... Maybe Drusilla loses on a fairly high percentage, but I found when I might have agreed with several on a list, there - a favorite of mine - would be smack dab in the middle...

Helped me to realize all over again - that infamous phrase about chocolate and vanilla is so spot on!

Happy Memorial Day - all!

• Maybe It's You... Graeme, maybe it IS you! (He says with a wink and a nod, not malice)... I always thought that one was a pretty number... Embarrassing admission alert: I always thought as a kid - and really, until kindf recently, that Karen was singing about the Ocean "king"... Not realizing the ocean came rising on the rocks... I just accepted this dude came out of the ocean! A Mer-man, as it were... Ahh, to be 10 again...

I thought it was "ocean king" too until your post! Okay, it makes far more sense now! :) Now I'll have to issue with the song due to poor annunciation of "came". I'm not keen on the line "Isn't it nice to talk about the special way that you smile whenever I'm around" either. I can't help thinking there would be more interesting things to talk about on a romantic stroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom