Joe Cocker RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although he was never one of my favorites I grew to appreciate his music more the older I got. Herb and Jerry had nice things to say about him on the BBC interview special.

Joe Cocker & John Belushi "Feelin' Alright" (from late 1976 "Saturday Night Live"): Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Joe Cocker did a local show in October 2000 when he shared the bill with Tina Turner. I was fortunate to meet him beforehand.
JB

Attachments

• SCAN0367.JPG
    SCAN0367.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
Mad Dogs & Englishmen is one of my favorite A&M rock albums. A lot of magic on that album. A very distinctive voice. Thanks for the music, Joe!

Capt. Bacardi

Cocker really had one heck of a great run of singles during his stint with A&M. "Feelin' Alright?," "With a Little Help from My Friends," "Delta Lady," "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window," "The Letter," "Cry Me a River," "High Time We Went," "Midnight Rider" b/w "Woman to Woman", "Put Out the Light," "You Are So Beautiful" ... it's hard for me to pick a favorite, actually! Not that he didn't have his great post-A&M sides, too ("Up Where We Belong," of course, going on to become his first Number One hit), but his A&M material alone makes for a mighty impressive hits package. Truly a great talent. It's amazing the number of covers he did that have pretty much become the definitive readings of those songs. He'll be missed.

I never get tired of hearing this one:

The quickly assembled crack-band (when "crack" just meant impromptu) and I would LOVE to learn how to play those piano riffs!!!!

(David Cohen, Guitar; Carol Kaye, Bass Guitar; Artie Butler, Piano; Paul Humphrey, Drums; Laudir de Oliveira, Percussion; Brenda Holloway, Patrice Holloway, Merry Clayton, Backing Vocals)

-- Dave

Spinning this SP4368 last night, RIP Mr. JC

IMG_7290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom