Herb's "Chattanooga Choo Choo" Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard it. This is a really hot track - slightly reminiscent in parts of the anniversary Lonely Bull. When it begins, you think .... how on earth does this morph in Chatanooga Choo Choo .......... but it does - and spectacularly well!

Listening now. It really is a fun track! Always liked choo-choos!

Harry

Really fun tune! I like the way the trumpet sounds almost kind of offhanded at the beginning, sort of like he heard this groove and started playing the melody in time with it...and then the groove changes keys to fit the trumpet. Nice stuff.

The trumpet style here reminds me in some ways of the way he played on "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" -- kind of a carefree, casual style.

As of this morning, it looks like the SoundCloud song file has been played 1006 times.

Harry

Having been Program Director for a special 4-day shipborne radio station celebrating 50 years of UK offshore radio (aka 'pirates') last week, I seized the opportunity to plug Chattanooga on that station as well as on my own radio six international (where it's been A-listed since Saturday). It went down extraordinarily well, with colleagues instantly using it as a backing track!! A good sign, methinks.

All I can say is, Herb has done it again. Such a departure, yet so distinctly Herb. As "mikeargo" says, it passed the test and yes...it's stuck in my head!

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

I love it! And I think it bookends well with his other train song... "Freight Train Joe" :nyah:

--Mr Bill

Well, don't forget about, “Little Train of Caipira”, then, either...! :cool:

-- Dave

"Freight Train Joe" is a song that I danced too when I was 2 or 3 years old!!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I love it! And I think it bookends well with his other train song... "Freight Train Joe" :nyah:

--Mr Bill

If he'd cover The Cramps' version of "Drug Train," it'd be a perfect hat trick. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom