herbalpertpresents.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy's Law says that it should take longer than expected. :confused: This update should be ready pretty quick and Randy wants to be sure that a wide variety and age of browser software are able to navigate the site - not just the latest & greatest versions. The large historical site will follow much later.

Last edited:
I got an email from herb alpert's web site is up here is the web address herbalpert.com no www in front of it.

bob

An overdue and very much welcomed overhaul. I found the old site to be pretty much unusable---the "masonry" layout does not fit that style of site (it's more for Pinterest), and the auto-loading of the pages just slowed the browsers way down.

Got an email promoting Herb's new album. Unfortunately it's got a dangling participle: :rolleyes:

AlpertDanglingParticiple.jpg

Harry

That's minor! I see so much bad grammar and word misuse these days that it's pathetic. Not that I'm perfect either, but I never used to see errors like these in any of the newspapers or media outlets like I have in the past few years.

If I see the word "loose" I always cringe...

Only if you "loose" (rather than "lose") that loose screw... :D

The site now has all of the TJB albums except for Summertime listed. Right now it just shows the front covers. I would like to see them show the back cover and track listings as well.

Still missing some solo albums: Just You And Me, the two Masekela collaborations, Bullish, Wild Romance, Under A Spanish Moon, My Abstract Heart, Second Wind and Colors.

What IS the problem with Summertime? Does Herb just hate that album? I mean, it's not his finest moment and I know he was going through a rough patch right then, but it's got a lot of good stuff on it including a fine hit single ("Jerusalem") plus his first collaboration with Lani so... ?

It also contains the song which (against all odds) was once voted "favorite Tijuana Brass song" on this very forum by a process of elimination many years ago.... any of you old timers remember what song it was?

Just look at all those tour dates in FL. I wonder if I can convince anyone that spring's a good time to head south?

That's minor! I see so much bad grammar and word misuse these days that it's pathetic. Not that I'm perfect either, but I never used to see errors like these in any of the newspapers or media outlets like I have in the past few years.

If I see the word "loose" I always cringe...

Don't hate on newspapers. They have enough problems these days. :D

(Around those places you never know when the hammer is going to drop and it's usually on someone's head. Sad but true.)

What IS the problem with Summertime? Does Herb just hate that album?

What makes you think there's a problem or that Herb hates the album? That album (along with the others mentioned) just haven't been reissued yet on his site. Remember Randy said that album took extra time because of tape issues. It just hasn't been reissued yet. Chill out dude! :D

Don't draw any conclusions yet. Did anyone else notice that GOING PLACES wasn't among those album covers shown under the "Music" section? Berrnie Grundman is working on all the remastering, and as great as he is, you can't get all of the albums done simultaneously! Also, the web site folks are still doing their thing and I suspect any omissions were accidental. :)

Last edited:
I'm just confused about all of this remastering. Weren't they all remastered by Bernie Grundman and Herb Alpert back in the 2000's for Shout!? (No, Harry, LONELY BULL and SOUTH OF THE BORDER were done by Ted Jensen and could stand some improvement. Have they come upon some dramatic improvement that would cause them to go over it all again? Will they finally do mono and stereo?

Yes, I know these are great for younger and international buyers, and I'm happy that they are doing it, but logically, you have to ask yourself, "What's could be that different between 2004,5,6 and now?" And again, I hope they get around to doing them all. That would be sweet.

Looking forward to the ones left out and any new Lani transfers.

Harry

Well what's different between then and now is vinyl albums, HD and more titles, about which some folks around here were previously unhappy.

The problem with Summertime - maybe the clothes? We all have one of those 70s outfits where we wonder, "What was I thinking..." :D

Looking forward to filling in the stuff that I don't have.

You're right Steve, my own CD-centric outlook forgets the HD tracks and the vinyl. Good answer!

Well, I suppose the reason I get the impression that Herb doesn't like Summertime is just the pile-up of evidence:

- Never reissued on CD in the first place
- No release at all during the Shout! campaign (even though every other TJB album got released in some form)
- Not showing up on the new website, even though albums before and after it are there
- It was a low seller to begin with
- It usually got ignored on the compilations (except for the occasional "Jerusalem" inclusion)
- And of course, yes, the clothes

I admit I had forgotten about what Randy said about Summertime taking more time due to tape issues.

Mike, I've forgotten that old "forum favorite" track that you'd mentioned. Maybe you could refresh our memory.

For reference, "Jerusalem" appears on GH VOL 2, CLASSICS VOL 1, SOLID BRASS, THE VERY BEST OF HERB ALPERT, and that Rondor comp called PORTRAIT on CD
"Summertime", the song, only managed to find its way to SOLID BRASS on CD.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom