Herb & Lani Coming to Austin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Just found out that Herb & Lani will be performing two nights at the One World Theater in Austin on September 28 & 29 @ 8 p.m. Tickets went on sale today.

Finally! Now I don't have to travel a thousand miles to see Herb play. This will be the first time he has ever played in Austin!

http://www.oneworldtheatre.org/index.aspx

Capt. Bacardi

I just bought a ticket to see Sergio Mendes in Orlando next month. This new venue, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center just opened this past year, and every time I went to try to secure a ticket to the April date, it wasn't on sale yet. The website said that they'd open it up for public sale 30 days prior. So, this past Friday was 30 days prior, and when I went to look for seats, the only thing available was in Row U. A month ago, the site was selling seats to group sales, which is probably when all the scalpers grabbed the good ones. Oh well, at least I'm in.

Harry

It must be fate. I haven't visited this site in several months until today...just to find out that I can see Herb Alpert for the first time in my 50 years. I have front row seats for Monday's show. I live in Houston and cannot wait to make the drive.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Captain for posting this!

I received an ad from the One World noting this on Monday. As I am in north Texas, and three hours away one way, it is too expensive for me. But that venue would be an excellent place for them and I am pleased they are coming to TX. I saw Mr Masekela with Larry Willis there and it was excellent.

Besides, the last time I saw Mr and Mrs Alpert was at Lincoln Center and I sat at a table up front almost literally under Mr Alpert's nose. I'm happy to not besmirch that memory, much as I enjoy the man's sound. Kinda hard to beat the vantage point I had then.

I got tix for both nights. First night is front row center, second night second row center. Can't wait!

Capt. Bacardi

You lucky dog, you! Have fun both nights! I was pretty much front row center last fall in Hartford and I'm still over the moon about it. It was just perfect. I'd only waited 40 years or so to see Herb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom