Herb Interview with Charlie Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Starting today, look for Herb to appear with Charlie Rose - check Bloomberg and PBS for your local listings.

The interview apparently was done, but airdate was not finalized. I did find that you can go to PBS or Charlie Rose
and sign up for e-mail notifications of his schedule.

The latest word is that Charlie Rose: The Week with a short version of the HERB interview will be aired tonight or over the weekend, depending on your local PBS TV affiliate. And that the full version likely will air next week.

Got my DVR set! Just hope all the rain and storms from Hurricane Patricia doesn't knock out the power tonight. Expecting 7-8" of rain this weekend.

herb is the last guest I am watching it now Charlie rose is on 12 midnight cleveland,ohio on channel 25
bob

Nice interview. No new revelations or stories we all aren't familiar with, and one of his few interviews where Carpenters or other A&M artists weren't mentioned - it was all about Herb's music and art.

Of all the interviews Herb has done (and I probably haven't seen them all) my favorite was the one on "Here's The Thing" with Alec Baldwin. It gets into areas none of the other interviews I've heard have touched, especially in the 2nd half. It's on heresthething.org along with a TON of other great interviews, including A&M-er Peter Frampton (also a very good one).

Here's a link.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/193354-herb-alpert/

Last edited:
Charlie Rose is one of the best interviewers ever. This one is actually his second with Herb. The first aired on October 1, 1988 - Charlie was on CBS News Nightwatch - Herb was in Los Angeles and Charlie was in D.C. It was a nice piece, but this new interview was more intimate and spontaneous with them seated across the table from each other.

Herb solved his mid-life-crisis X 2... And did very much, very breathtaking before it...

Thanks!

-- Dave

Of all the interviews Herb has done (and I probably haven't seen them all) my favorite was the one on "Here's The Thing" with Alec Baldwin. It gets into areas none of the other interviews I've heard have touched, especially in the 2nd half. It's on heresthething.org along with a TON of other great interviews, including A&M-er Peter Frampton (also a very good one).
Here's a link.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/193354-herb-alpert/

Wow, thanks for this link! Very interesting indeed, along with the Charlie Rose one.
Love the Getz episode.

Herb is one of the few people that you never hear a bad word about. That's pretty rare these days.

Nice interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom