Herb Alpert Wins GRAMMY For BEST POP INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
7. Best Pop Instrumental Album
According to the GRAMMY web site, Herb has won the GRAMMY for Best Pop Instrumental album. CONGRATS to Herb and all involved with "Steppin' Out."

grammy-statue.png

Winner
Steppin' Out
Herb Alpert
Label:
Shout! Factory

steppin' out 1.jpg

The Beat
Boney James

Label:
Concord Records
Handpicked
Earl Klugh

Label:
Heads Up International
Summer Horns
Dave Koz, Gerald Albright, Mindi Abair & Richard Elliot

Label:
Concord Records
Hacienda
Jeff Lorber Fusion
Label:
Heads Up International

Last edited:
Grammy, grammy congratulations to Mr Alpert! Hope he's "Steppin' Out " today and tonight!

According to the GRAMMY web site, Herb has won the GRAMMY for Best Pop Instrumental album. CONGRATS to Herb and all involved with "Steppin' Out."

grammy-statue.png

Winner
Steppin' Out
Herb Alpert

Label:
Shout! Factory
The Beat
Boney James

Label:
Concord Records
Handpicked
Earl Klugh

Label:
Heads Up International
Summer Horns

Label:
Concord Records
Hacienda
Jeff Lorber Fusion
Label:
Heads Up International

grammy-statue.png

Winner
Steppin' Out
Herb Alpert

Label:
Shout! Factory
The Beat
Boney James

Label:
Concord Records
Handpicked
Earl Klugh

Label:
Heads Up International
Summer Horns

Label:
Concord Records
Hacienda
Jeff Lorber Fusion
Label:
Heads Up International

Awesome! I wonder if this is anywhere close to the record for the "span" between first Grammy and most recent Grammy wins? 40+ years!

Congrats to all involved, wonderful job.

Just incredible! Congratulations to all who contributed to STEPPIN' OUT.

Harry

hi guys, I am here in Cleveland,Ohio so it is 3 hours differences so the grammys start at 8PM lol. so thanks for the news I am not mad. Herb deserves to win that it is an excellent cd steppin out. so congrads to Herb.

In a sane world, there was must not have been a single dry eye in that place!

Congratulationisms, Herb and all involved, up to that sterling moment of success!!!!

-- Dave

In a sane world, there was must not have been a single dry eye in that place!

Unfortunately it was never broadcast as it was an "earlier" award. Really hate that crap.
We also didn't get to see a Stephen Colbert acceptance speech. Which would have been a hoot surely.

I remeber the day when they would have given Herb that award during the broadcast so we could see and hear his speech.

I wonder if this Grammy will give a sales boost to Steppin' Out? It probably would had he got the presentation during the telecast, or if he would've performed "Ritz" (which would've been better than a lot of the crap that was on the show).

As usual, the Grammys were a bit shoddy. No jazz performances at all, and the only classical nod was the pianist who played with Metallica. I'm still trying to figure out why Lorde got all of these awards. I mean, that was dull with a capital D when she sang. Then you had Pink clearly doing a lip-sync while doing some acrobatics on a rope. There was a nice moment when McCartney and Ringo played together. I did like the solo piece that John Legend performed. And admittedly, I really enjoyed that Daft Punk thing that featured Niles Rodgers and Stevie Wonder (I feel someone trying to take my man card from me :D). And while I didn't care for their music, I have to give a nod to Macklemore since they didn't have a record label. They were just a word-of-mouth band that used the internet and YouTube to promote themselves and managed to do well for themselves.

Capt. Bacardi

Unfortunately it was never broadcast as it was an "earlier" award. Really hate that crap.
We also didn't get to see a Stephen Colbert acceptance speech. Which would have been a hoot surely.

I remeber the day when they would have given Herb that award during the broadcast so we could see and hear his speech.

Truly unfortunate that we didn't get to see Herb accept his award. That had to be a touching moment.

I have a lot of respect for the Grammys, but I don't like how they've become increasingly more and more like a 3-hour episode of "Solid Gold." :laugh: Of course you want to mix in some performances to keep it an entertaining show and hold the attention of those viewers who may not actually care about the awards being given, but ... it's to the point now where there's more performances than there are trophies handed out on-air. In the entire first sixty minutes of the show, they quite literally only handed out two awards. I can't really say that I blame any of the "early winners" if they feel slighted for not getting to accept their award during the live broadcast; the amount of time during the live broadcast that's now devoted to performances has reached almost total overkill, and you just know at least one of those "early winners" has to be sitting there thinking, "Seriously? You couldn't cut any of this stuff from the broadcast?" :laugh:

You repeatedly see more new acts that obviously just as much lost the plot to a musical career, as they did even accepting awards for their efforts! (And on a medium, more and more designed for such pathos...! Truly, very sad...) :bangwall:

-- Dave

As Jeff Lorber was one of the nominees in the same category, I doubt he would've been the presenter.

Hmmmmm... If Cyndi was calling for a Herb "ALBERT" maybe that's a reason he didn't show...! :whistle:

Quite a change from how I remember this being 30-years-ago, but not like the "being sworn in"-quality that I envisioned... Just sad how altogether the presentation still seemed to be a bit wooden...! :freak:

-- Dave

They should of gotten a jazz presenter to speak about Herb's achievement......but you know in the non music world.....congrats anyway Herb!!

Has this Grammy award winning CD slowed down the reissues? Thoughts? Summertime (the season) is just around the corner.

Waiting patiently for more,
Abstract Fan

Randy mentioned before that the Summertime tapes were going to require some extra work to make them sound right. I'm sure there will be more reissues via Herb's site whenever Herb feels like putting them out. Right now he's been recording some new tracks. Time will tell what will be released first.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom