• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Happy Birthday Karen! Thank you for that impeccable voice, solid production value and a work ethic that has influenced many!! Your voice of song will be missed by all of us and generations to come. Thank you for the music!

Last edited:
Karen would have been sixty-five and even that is considered the young side of old age these days.

Still, we have what we have and that in itself is amazing and more than most of us will manage.

I don't know what the party scene is like in the afterlife, but I hope you have a blast, Karen :) x

Naturally, one wonders what might have been - but the legacy, the beauty, the music, and the manner in which Karen touched us all will forever be the birthday gift she gave to us!

Happy Birthday, Karen!

And without sounding morbid here, Karen's now been gone longer than she was on this earth. Really starts to put things into perspective when you think about it.

And without sounding morbid here, Karen's now been gone longer than she was on this earth. Really starts to put things into perspective when you think about it.
Not quite yet Chris. Karen lived 32 years, 11 months, and 2 days. She's been gone 32 years and 26 days... but who's counting? :whistle: For sure a LONG time has passed, but we're still keeping the flame alive! :love:

Happy Birthday KC!... I wonder if there's a senior's discount in heaven? :)

Others Remember:
The legendary vocalist would've been 65 today.
Let's rejoin her on top of the world and remember her most amazing moments.
By Louis Virtel | Monday, Mar 2, 2015 3:43 PM
Just like me, you long to be close to Karen Carpenter, the legendary vocalist who would've turned 65 today. Yes, that's right: It's only now that Karen Carpenter, who died 32 years ago, would've been a senior citizen.
It's impossible to over-celebrate this woman's contributions to popular music. With her brother Richard and his brilliant arrangements, Karen Carpenter left a legacy of beautiful, palpably emotional music that felt both vulnerable and steely. Her delicate enunciation was a trademark, but the brutal resonance of her smooth alto was always her most beguiling quality. She's the rare singer who felt more emotional the more she was note-precise. A sterling and timeless talent.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/happy-65...-times-she-blew-our-minds#lwyXQgjkwMfEvjPd.99

Not quite yet Chris. Karen lived 32 years, 11 months, and 2 days. She's been gone 32 years and 26 days... but who's counting? :whistle: For sure a LONG time has passed, but we're still keeping the flame alive! :love:

Happy Birthday KC!... I wonder if there's a senior's discount in heaven? :)

Oh!! I could have sworn I'd post-dated this thread for next year!! LOL...thanks Murray...DUH!

...Happy Birthday Karen. My family forgot my 15th Birthday but you did not. I cherish the card that you sent me and the time that you shared with a shy, shocked boy. You are an amazing person. I speak in the present because you are with me every day.

...Happy Birthday Karen. My family forgot my 15th Birthday but you did not. I cherish the card that you sent me and the time that you shared with a shy, shocked boy. You are an amazing person. I speak in the present because you are with me every day.
I'd love to hear the whole story here... Thx!~!

Listening to the CLOSE TO YOU record incessantly of late, and reminded over and over again about just how staggeringly great Karen was at this point--stepping up a notch or two from OFFERING in intonation, range of style, and ease of phrasing. So many great moments were still to come, along with too much success and too little love...but here's where the sign drops into viewing range on your TV set and says "timeless, eternal classic." Amazing to think that side one of the LP had "Only Just Begun" and "Close to You" on it and side two is (arguably) BETTER. And taking nothing away from Richard, so much of it is due to Karen blossoming into the best singer in the world.

Nothing that any of us, individually or collectively, could spend tons of $$ on for a birthday present to Karen will ever come close to matching what she's given us, despite her tragically short time here on earth. Thank you, sweet girl, and God bless you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom