Happy 79th Birthday Herb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz Fan

Happy 79th Birthday Herb! Hope you have a wonderful day with family & friends. Here's to many more years of great music!! Shere Siegel

HAPPY 79th BIRTHDAY, Herb!! Glad I met you (with Lani) at the Michigan State University Theatre back in November of 2009!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

It is hard to believe that the legendary Herb Alpert is one year shy of EIGHTY!! Didn't it feel like yesterday that he burst on the national consciousness, changing the music industry, not only with his sound, but his innovations at his record label, how he let the artists that he signed do things their way, his philanthrophy, his artwork, and him being the great musician that he is, accomplishing so much in such a short period of time, doesn't it feel like yesterday, DOESN'T IT?!! God truly has blessed you(and I certainly hope that you recognize His blessings in your life, for without Him, you could not have accomplished any of the things you have done in your life!)

It's amazing: guys like Herb, and also Quincy Jones, Burt Bacharach, et al are either in their late 70s or 80s, and they are NOT slowing down! They put a lot of us to shame, 'cuz they ain't goin' gently into da good night! They're still creating, still doing their music, getting into new areas in their lives(like Herb with his art), and just being plain active, and have more energy, and enthusiasm than 30 and 40-something year olds that I know!(Wouldja believe Marvel Comics co-creator Stan Lee will be 92 years old this year, and still going strong, still very active?!!)

Anyway, Mr.Alpert Happy Birthday, God Bless You andMrs. Alpert(Lani), and your children and grandchildren, and may you see more Happy Birthdays! Thank you for your beautiful music over the years, for it has been a source of joy and comfort over the years to millions of people the world over!!
Your fan,
jazzdre

Herb congratulations on your life-long achievements of LP's, CD's, '45's and even a '78'--so now here's to a Happy 79th!!!!

And congratulations on your return to music w/ Steppin' Out--I think a new phase in your career & new chapter in life has just begun...!

-- Dave

Happy Birthday, Mr. Alpert! Your music, and A & M's music, are part of our memories and our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom