• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Great news about Bob Edmondson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, everyone!

Just to let everyone know, there was an article from Captain Bacardi who interviewed Pat Senatore last year who stated that Bob Edmondson from the Tijuana Brass was having GI problems. Heard from Jeannie Pisano, (John's wife) a few months ago, that Bob is doing much better, and has recovered from his illness. Way to go, Bob! Keep playing that horn!

Yes, this is great news! Bob reportedly hasn't played his trombone in years.

But thanks to the wayback machine we can see this:

The above clip was filmed at Lick Pier's Aragon Ballroom (former home to Lawrence Welk) next to Pacific Ocean Park Amusement Park/Pier in Santa Monice CA.. I'm guessing the year is pre-1967, as in that year, the Aragon Ballroom became the Cheetah Club, home to rock acts such as the Doors. (The movie "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" was also filmed there the year before it burned down). The Lick Pier and Aragon Ballroom were subsequently destroyed by fire on May 27, 1970. Check out http://pacificoceanpark.tripod.com/ and scroll down to Lawrence Welk section to see photos to compare with the opening images of the video.

This is a shot of Pat Senatore, Bob Edmondson, and John Pisano as they appeared in the 2010 documentary on BBC4, reminiscing about their days of touring as the Tijuana Brass.

TjBin2010.JPG

Harry

This is a shot of Pat Senatore, Bob Edmondson, and John Pisano as they appeared in the 2010 documentary on BBC4, reminiscing about their days of touring as the Tijuana Brass.

TjBin2010.JPG

I mentioned before that this shot and interview was taken at Pat's house. You can even see his bass in the right background.

Capt. Bacardi

Incredible photo--priceless. So glad to hear that Bob is better. Thanks for this news! I hope that the full BBC documentary will be made available to the US sometime.

Love Bob's solo stretch on "Getting Sentimental" and the visuals from that first TJB Special, courtesy of Steve.

=Mike A.

I'm glad to hear that Mr.Edmondson is doing well. He's getting quite a fan base at youtube due to the "A Banda" clip from "The Beat Of The Brass" special,where he explains the word "septet":"We're a sextet plus one...orrrr...an OVERSEXED-tet!" Man, I have never seen Herb so angry looking as when Bob said that!(laughs)

Again, I'm glad to know that Bob is doing well!

This is wonderful news. Nick may have been the beat of the Brass, but Bob was its heart and soul-no concert or special was complete without Bob's signature infusion of humor. "Strutting' With Maria" IS Bob's element to showcase the verbal and the physical aspects of his comedic talent. Knowing that his health has improved just puts life back into those tunes on my iPod and on my computer. Best wishes, Bob!!

Any way to see that BBC documentary?

Sadly, the BBC4 documentary was only ever broadcast in Britain. Too bad too because it's excellent. Some of us here were able to see it thanks to our friends in the UK - which remains the only source at present.

Harry

I am happy bob edmondson is doing better he seems like hes looking well along with pisano.and senatore i would love to see that bbc special myself

"We're a sextet plus one...orrrr...an OVERSEXED-tet!" Man, I have never seen Herb so angry looking as when Bob said that!
Do you think he was really angry? I thought that was just him mugging for the comedy effect.

I'd guess that line was planned. Just my feeling.

Bill Dana (aka Jose Jimenez) worked with both the TJB and BMB, and perhaps other A&M acts to provide them with comedy relief for their live shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom