K&R Hush inner sleeve
    K head shot denim jacket fur lined
    K&R xmas special with wreath background
    3-RC at piano
    RC Hush session
    2-K stills xmas
    2-K&R xmas
    Fan Club 5- Now & Then book covers $25 ea near mint
    Fan Club letter size Tablet embossed with logo and member of CarpenterS international f/c $25 mint
    Fan Club 3-logo embossed vinyl cover notepads, 2 black, 1 red $20 ea mint
    Fan Club 12- mint pencils with logo $10 ea mint
    Fan Club 4- mint metallic gold pens with logo $25 ea mint
    Fan Club 15- fluorescent CarpenterS logo stickers @ $5 ea near mint
    Fan Club set of 6 bright yellow coasters with new logo $50 mint
    Fan Club 5 cloth patches new logo, orig silhouette day glo orange with yellow background $25 ea. mint
    5- solo posters - $100 ea mint
    Fan Club 2-fuex silk scarves 1 light blue w/white logo, 1 white w/ blue logo $40 ea near mint
    Fan Club 3-MIA visors, orig cond NEVER worn $50 ea near mint
    Fan Club 2- Fan Club letter holders, 1 yellow, 1 avocado w/logo $30 ea near mint
    Fan Club 1-unopened deck CarpenterS logo playing cards $40 mint
    Fan Club 2-opened, 1 played, 1 perused CarpenterS logo playing cards $35 ea near mint
    1974 Rolling Stone K&R cover $75 very good
    PEOPLE Magazines: $25 ea all very good cond
    KC All-star wedding Sep 15, 80
    CarpenterS cover title THEY NEED TO BE IN LOVE Aug 2 76
    KC dead at 32 cover Feb 21 83
    KC story cover Nov 21, 83
    Sheet music: $20 ea all near mint +
    We've Only Just Begun, Close To You cover
    I Need To Be In Love, Karen in fur w/RC cover
    Merry Xmas Darling, HORIZON inner sleeve photo b&w
    Song Books: $50 ea all very good +
    VOTH
    Xmas Portrait
    Hush, piano
    Hush, guitar
    Singles 69-73
    Now & Then
    Song 4 You
    Close to you/Ticket To Ride
    Programs: $50 ea
    '76 tour program Hush inner sleeve cover near mint
    '73 tour program SING 45 sleeve photo shoot very good
    '72 tour program Karen in chair w/RC behind cover very good
    Factory sealed PASSAGE 8-track $10 near mint
    35th Anniversary Boxset collector's edition # 00526 $250. near mint

Any reasonable offers considered

That's all I can muster. The rest is still lock and keyed.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I must describe the solo poster listed above:
It is from the KAREN CARPENTER solo album photo shoot.
Karen is wearing the same white outfit as on the VOTH cover. There were several shots of Karen photographed on a purple velvet armchair in various poses. This photo is NOT Karen posing w/feet tucked-in at armchair facing camera. Rather this shot is of Karen sitting sideways in velvet chair with feet in bright red socks dangling over one side and her head thrown back looking at camera. Stunning, beautifully rich in color, tone and Karen is radiant. It's official and states Karen Carpenter on A&M records etc...These came directly from the cd buyer of TOWER RECORDS Portland night before album release. At first perusal and only once have they seen the light of day.

Please private message your interests. I hope you enjoy safeguarding these keepsakes as much as I have. Many of these date back to the Downey Fan Club's inception. All items were obtained by me directly and have had no other handler. I cleared this sale format with the Administrator wishing to uphold forum etiquette.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Post your interests in a post here in the thread and alert Jeff that a Private Message (via conversation) is forthcoming. That way you will alert all other potential buyers that the item may be going soon. Jeff will then update us with the items that are sold.

Harry

Had a friend the managed a BlockBuster Music store. Gave me 20 copies of the Solo Poster. Kinda cool. I've got them in a tube in the garage. I also have 2 ft tall Karen and Richard sitting on stools. Karen with a tambourine and Richard with a guitar? weird, but how how do you place him with a piano.

Watch for moisture and temp fluctuation. Posters in tubes sometimes require Xtra TLC. Karen in a garage? Oh my friend we're collectors cut from a different clothe.
Clutch the pearls!!! My hearts a palpatatin'! OMG OMG here I come Karen.

My collection is kinda sad. In the early 90's everything was pristine. Now I have a 22 year old college graduate and 5 year old twins. Life gets in the way of being a true collector, but I love this thread. It really makes me feel like I can have a little 10 minute vacation and spend some time with my peeps. Just to know that others are appreciated the clicks and pops in Karen's voice or Richard's exquisite arrangements… Karen's quirkiness and humor.. Our heartbreaking loss of such a wonderful lady who was truly coming into her own. BTW. I have almost everything available and don't think I don't hop on every new CD I can get my hands on. My new fav is the original Christmas Portrait on CD without choir for Ave Maria. Found it in Germany, first pressing. Fabulous!

Does anyone remember buying stuff from Ronald Garcia. All of those cassette tapes! My God I sent him a stack of cash. Goldmine Magazine. Uhg. Thank God for the internet.

My boss is a Jewish Karen Carpenter

I must describe the solo poster listed above:
It is from the KAREN CARPENTER solo album photo shoot.
Karen is wearing the same white outfit as on the VOTH cover. There were several shots of Karen photographed on a purple velvet armchair in various poses. This photo is NOT Karen posing w/feet tucked-in at armchair facing camera. Rather this shot is of Karen sitting sideways in velvet chair with feet in bright red socks dangling over one side and her head thrown back looking at camera. Stunning, beautifully rich in color, tone and Karen is radiant. It's official and states Karen Carpenter on A&M records etc...

Hi Jeff

I am presuming you mean this poster?

KarenSoloPosterfromJeff.jpg~original

Thank you Stephen! Precisely the pic I was attempting to recreate via 2 surviving brain cells. Life is so much simpler with friends...

Jeff

OMG!!! This IS the Holy Grail!!!
I never dreamed this could be happening. I was just going to post a picture of the solo poster but Stephen beat me to it....that photo is actually my poster framed and all....this is the exact poster that Jeff sent me and let me tell you when he says mint it is mint, there was not a crease in sight just beautiful colors, for the years since it was produced this thing was amazing to see in person. It's so nice to find collectors of Carpenters memorabilia that keep things nice for years and years and NOW we have a list for others to enjoy.

Jeff, I have a few questions, since I was never part of the club I don't know what some of this stuff looks like:

The Fan Club 3-logo embossed vinyl cover notepads: are these post it pads or legal or letter size, do the covers slide on/off the notepads what is the size?

1974 Rolling Stone K&R cover: I already have one but it is covered in someone's address label and a little torn, I am considering framing one but looking for one that has no address label printed, no creases and looks better than the one I have, can you describe your copy a little more for me?

Seriously considering getting a 2nd solo poster just for preservation, still thinking....

Holy Grail indeed. Am dying to get my hands on one of them now you've said that Chris :)

Last edited:
i'd be willing to trade a solo poster for the 1996 Mook? or a the Voice of the Heart Poster. I seemed to have lost mine.

The photos taken to promote the solo album are just beautiful, so much time and effort was put into creating what should have been a celebration of Karen's recording capabilities, instead we're left with a feelings of regret and anger.
Makes me feel very sad, things could have turned out so differently if a more positive attitude had been adopted during the playback of the solo album in L.A.

1. Fan Club color 8x10's: $25 ea and mint
    K&R Hush inner sleeve
    K head shot denim jacket fur lined
    K&R xmas special with wreath background
    3-RC at piano
    RC Hush session
    2-K stills xmas
    2-K&R xmas
    Fan Club 5- Now & Then book covers $25 ea near mint
    Fan Club letter size Tablet embossed with logo and member of CarpenterS international f/c $25 mint
    Fan Club 3-logo embossed vinyl cover notepads, 2 black, 1 red $20 ea mint
    Fan Club 12- mint pencils with logo $10 ea mint
    Fan Club 4- mint metallic gold pens with logo $25 ea mint
    Fan Club 15- fluorescent CarpenterS logo stickers @ $5 ea near mint
    Fan Club set of 6 bright yellow coasters with new logo $50 mint
    Fan Club 5 cloth patches new logo, orig silhouette day glo orange with yellow background $25 ea. mint
    5- solo posters - $100 ea mint
    Fan Club 2-fuex silk scarves 1 light blue w/white logo, 1 white w/ blue logo $40 ea near mint
    Fan Club 3-MIA visors, orig cond NEVER worn $50 ea near mint
    Fan Club 2- Fan Club letter holders, 1 yellow, 1 avocado w/logo $30 ea near mint
    Fan Club 1-unopened deck CarpenterS logo playing cards $40 mint
    Fan Club 2-opened, 1 played, 1 perused CarpenterS logo playing cards $35 ea near mint
    1974 Rolling Stone K&R cover $75 very good
    PEOPLE Magazines: $25 ea all very good cond
    KC All-star wedding Sep 15, 80
    CarpenterS cover title THEY NEED TO BE IN LOVE Aug 2 76
    KC dead at 32 cover Feb 21 83
    KC story cover Nov 21, 83
    Sheet music: $20 ea all near mint +
    We've Only Just Begun, Close To You cover
    I Need To Be In Love, Karen in fur w/RC cover
    Merry Xmas Darling, HORIZON inner sleeve photo b&w
    Song Books: $50 ea all very good +
    VOTH
    Xmas Portrait
    Hush, piano
    Hush, guitar
    Singles 69-73
    Now & Then
    Song 4 You
    Close to you/Ticket To Ride
    Programs: $50 ea
    '76 tour program Hush inner sleeve cover near mint
    '73 tour program SING 45 sleeve photo shoot very good
    '72 tour program Karen in chair w/RC behind cover very good
    Factory sealed PASSAGE 8-track $10 near mint
    35th Anniversary Boxset collector's edition # 00526 $250. near mint

Any reasonable offers considered

That's all I can muster. The rest is still lock and keyed.

Jeff

An amazing collection......I'm just speechless.........you must be the ultimate Carpenters fan!

Gosh you Guyz, I'm dumb-founded. I'm literally thrilled there is so much genuine collector interest. Not necessarily for my sake but rather it's exciting Karen, Richard and CarpenterS are still so very relevant to so many.
This evening select items will be photographed and posted. It will be simpler than explaining details and as oft said who wants to by a pig-in-a-poke? Not I, not you my friends.

I'm happy to answer some questions tho.
Chris, all three vinyl notepad holders with new logo are 3"x5" and have original white pads which can be refilled. 2 black, 1red.
1974 Rolling Stone is gooooooooooorgeous and quite suitable for your framing free of all scars. Bought from a dealer 22 years ago, read by me and encased.
Solo poster...ya know about that and thank you for your kind words of appreciation once again. You're too cool!

Shipping and handling is a tremendous cost. These items cannot/will not leave Portland in half-ass packaging. They're far too valuable to risk damage. These items are rare for the most part and after years of coddling I'd sooner spit in yer eye than lend these keepsakes to mis-handling. I did a stint at the Post Office noting all too well that "care" is lost on our items. So that covers quality packaging or none at all. Your call. Postage costs look insurmountable with this magnitude of product and clear interest in acquisition. I've freely absorbed these costs many times while sharing. This affair presents itself over the top. I have the Southern USA, Canada, Spain-ish, and East coast in the mix just to name a few. So ya get me right? Additionally, if you want to insure your package or expedite that too will be your wallet. Apparently I'm looking at hours of loving packaging which will be my heartfelt duty to y'all.

I know you will enchanted holding these treasures. Each item conjures a simpler time, a happy time and duly honors the memory of Karen.

Thanks for letting me share,

Jeff

Ladies and Gentleman and whathaveyou,

KAREN CARPENTER
IF I HAD YOU b/w UNINVITED GUEST cassette single from Lovelines $20

So, the cassette housing picture is the Karen side of the Lovelines cover.

Ok here goes my list, sending you a private message now Jeff. It feels like Christmas in July. :)

I would like one each of the following:

Fan Club-logo embossed vinyl cover notepad (black)
Fan Club-mint metallic gold pen with logo
Fan Club-MIA visor
Fan Club-opened, 1 played, CarpenterS logo playing cards (i'll take the opened one)
1974 Rolling Stone K&R cover
Sheet Music: I Need To Be In Love, Karen in fur w/RC cover

I will forgo getting a 2nd solo poster (for keepsake), I already have the amazing one above....but I must say it's VERY tempting!!!
Thanks again Jeff.

Okay guys, here is a brief update:
solo posters= 3 maybe 2 left.
1 red logo embossed vinyl notepad left.
1 white scarf left
1 yellow letter holder left
2 decks cards, 1 sealed, 1 opened
3 metallic gold pens left

Rolling Stone is sold
I NEED TO BE IN LOVE sheet music sold

Thank you guys, will provide PayPal jazz shortly

Okey dokey you die-yards, the few, the proud CarpenterS aficionados:
Private message yours truly your email address that I may forward PayPal invoices.
Left post office with very appropo packaging matter. Also, spoke with Mr Postman...well, she was Ms at best...anyway, I have a very good idea of the general shipping costs from their print-out both foreign & domestic.

Again thank you for obsessing. This really is a pleasure to "open my vaults" after all this time. The ensuing memories sparked, rekindled and warmed by these keepsake items harken back to the heyday, success and glory of our duo. This is a bittersweet venture but so worth the sharing.

Jeff

Hey Guyz, here is a link to photos of many Fan Club items on the block.

http://newbergjeff.carbonmade.com/

You may notice:
Reel to Reel $50 ea
HORIZON
SINGLES 69-73

Pendant $50 good cond as received from F/C. There's a slight smudge ala Rosina I dunno.

LIVE IN JAPAN lp very good++condition $50

Happy shoppin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom