Finders Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard THAT one before. Another couple of tracks for the EARLY ALPERT album!

Harry
...off to clean these up a bit, online...

That would be my video played off of my own copy of the record you see, as-is with no audio enhancement or clean-up. It was advertised as being in VG- condition, but looked and played a lot better than I thought it would.

Fred

Interesting find. I think it's interesting that, in the interview that brings up the proposed Alpert / Sinatra collaboration, Herb seems to say that his singing career was maybe an "accident," or at the insistence of a publisher (?) and then never talks about it for the remainder of the piece. Do you think that, after a while, Herb was keeping the pop vocal records going in case the TJB concept didn't take off? Do you think that, if one of the vocals hit big, we'd be looking at Dore Alpert, this second Bobby Vinton type singer? As much as he brushes it off, Herb kept up with the pop vocal stuff until 1964.

We've talked about this before a few years back. I think we're all glad that "Mexican Drummer Man" wasn't a bigger hit since it may have led to more similar recordings. But things worked out pretty good as is....

Capt. bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom