Could Carpenters have recorded this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Mills

That was funny....like the dark vomited up
I can definitely hear Karen singing this song. It has a kind of Fleetwood Mac feel to it, a musical direction that would have added a bit of edge to Carpenters studio recordings.

If only- one of my favorites.
The relationship between melody and harmony in I Can't Make You Love Me makes it one genius of a composition. I've never heard a bad cover, and we can only wonder what Richard and Karen would have done to make it even more exquisite!

mstaft suggested this one as well, it's so clearly right for Carpenters, just made for them.

Just finished watching Jazz Divas on BBC, great show, mostly amazing performances from black female jazz singers, and then this female started singing.....the name has been mentioned on A&M Corner on several threads but I had no knowledge of this lovely voice until now. kd Lang, Dusty Springfield, Diana Krall, Karen Carpenter, is there a connection somewhere? I know, they are white, but they can do Jazz. "Peel Me A Grape". Diana Krall. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Some of you are going to think I've lost the plot choosing this song, but I can hear Karen singing this and driving around like Sharon..........well, why not?

I "imported" the actual CD of THE SAME SUN by Sharon Corr from Amazon.co.uk I ordered it back in March and it arrived sometime recently after some delays. Now I just looked on the Amazon UK site and it's listed for a September 2014 release date. And I know the Brazilians got the CD back late last year.

Quite an odd release pattern, but that's nothing new when it comes to the Corr siblings...

Harry

There must be something about Brazil......Carpenters tapped into that market with MIA. Recently watched a concert with Diana Krall in Brazil, audience loved her, great concert. Think Dionne Warwick lives in Brazil, and Brazil just might win the World Cup! Brazil.....Brazil.....maybe next year for me!

WOW! Great song and performance. So Karen-esque. i-tunes here I come...
Can't you just hear Karen singing this song?........and what a great video promo, just so right for Carpenters. Sharon filmed her video in Barcelona by the way.......great location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom