Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob knack

So I see at Amazon this is Herb's new one on pre order. I haven't seen it here yet. Am I going blind?

1. Come Fly With Me
2. Blue Skies
3. Got A Lot Of Livin' To Do
4. Cheeky
5. Take The "A" Train
6. Love Affair
7. Windy City
8. Sweet And Lovely
9. Walkin' Tall
10. Night Ride
11. Something
12. On The Sunny Side Of The Street
13. Danny Boy

I haven't seen it here yet.

But...there it is! You just posted it! :)

September 25th release date.

61vri8d0j4L._SY450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Fly-Me-Herb-Alpert/dp/B012G4GUJ2/

Available on CD and vinyl.

Harry

Yay! Knew something was coming but didn't know when. Can't wait to see what Herb does with Take the "A" Train!

I wonder if "Something" is the old Beatles tune? Kind of cool that he's got a couple of old TJB tunes in there -- a person could make a nice little compilation called "Herb Alpert plays the Tijuana Brass" out of all his remakes!

I think Herb's renewed spurt of recording is a direct result of the good results he's had from touring. I have a feeling he had kind of "written himself off" as a recording artist, figuring nobody would care anymore -- but then the TJB catalog came out, he did the ReWhipped thing, did some touring with Lani...all of which were well received, and this might have caused him to realize he wasn't quite ready for mothballs yet. That's pretty amazing -- he's had what, four music careers now?

Didn't we hear somewhere that Herb's website was going to get a make-over? There's been no updates there since January.

I downloaded "Night Ride". Basically just a vamp that Herb plays over, although there is a baritone sax as well which sounds pretty funky. But it's a neat little tune and Herb shows that while he may be 80 he can still jam!

So great that he is doing yet another new album. He sounds wonderful on "Night Ride"!

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Have to say I really, really like "Night Ride" and can't wait for the rest of the album. I'm ordering both CD and.....vinyl!!

Pre-ordered the CD and a vinyl copy. I haven't purchased new vinyl since Hector was a pup (whatever that means). Now that I've got a good turntable this should be interesting.

Yes, Randy has a design team on it and he has requested some of my live performance H&L& Band photos. :wink:
I hope they organize it a bit better. Trying to find something, like a particular album or photo, is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's just a big hodgepodge, apparently just randomly placed in there at the time of entry, which was sporadic. If they'd put everything in chronological order, alphabetical order or categorized by 'solo' or 'TJB', something... it would make more sense. Just sayin'.

The site was a technical trainwreck as well. That "masonry" layout was very chaotic--it worked for Pinterest, but is completely unsuitable for an information site. That and that ridiculous "endless page loading" where you scroll down and more crap loads. All it does is bog down the browser, and was a nightmare on mobile. Reminded me of some kid who just got Photoshop and threw every filter onto a photo....just because he could. I visited that mess once and never, ever went back. I'm no pro myself anymore, but the user experience rated a -25,000 on a scale of 1 to 10, in my book...

Thanks Captain. Nice interview. I'm looking forward to the album.

Harry

I'm really looking forward to hearing his version of "A Train". I've read other comments about it at other sites that it's very unique. Also am dying to hear how he uses steel drums on the title track!

Capt. Bacardi

Kind of surprising to learn (from the interview) that Lani is not on this album, and Herb didn't do the artwork either. I'm glad he is changing it up with each release.

I have a feeling the release date will change, since Sept. 25 is a Friday. Most new music still comes out on Tuesdays, so look for it either the 22nd or 29th. I'm hoping for the 22nd since we'll be out of town on the 29th - but maybe a listening party at Harry's is in order? :wink:

Kind of surprising to learn (from the interview) that Lani is not on this album, and Herb didn't do the artwork either. I'm glad he is changing it up with each release.

I have a feeling the release date will change, since Sept. 25 is a Friday. Most new music still comes out on Tuesdays, so look for it either the 22nd or 29th. I'm hoping for the 22nd since we'll be out of town on the 29th - but maybe a listening party at Harry's is in order? :wink:

It appears that Herb will once again be the record label (Herb Alpert Presents), with distribution by Alternative Distribution Alliance (ada). I don't expect the release date to change. They have had contracted graphic design and publicity professionals on board. And upcoming there will be much more to please the fans. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom