CarpenterS Xmas tv specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Today my hunka hunka burnin love gifted The CarpenterS at Xmas and C'sA Xmas Portrait tv specials in a gorgeous upconverted DVD in celebration of our Nineteenth anniversary. How nice was that?

Making merry r Mary,

Jeff

Great gift.......wish Richard Carpenter would do something similar for the fans. I finally got to watch the two Christmas TV Specials on the box thanks to Apple TV and YouTube. It would be incredible to have an official DVD release of Carpenters Christmas shows......they're really very good!!

Today my hunka hunka burnin love gifted The CarpenterS at Xmas and C'sA Xmas Portrait tv specials in a gorgeous upconverted DVD in celebration of our Nineteenth anniversary. How nice was that?

Making merry r Mary,

Jeff
By the way, Happy Anniversary!

when viewed back to back Karen appears shockingly thinner in Christmas Portrait where Richard is far far far more at camera ease than found in '77s CarpenterS at Xmas. The first special captures a very uncomfy, wincing, no eye contact, kinda dorky son o a gun. Smiles forced making me less than cozy as audience. Meanwhile, Karen carries the whole shbang in both shows. But corny? Holy Christ on the crutch the Harvey Korman, Kukla, Miss Georgia Engel and the Mcnichols make an excruciating offering.Karen Carpenter is the singular draw. They really should have been the KC XMAS HOYTS or something. Absolutely no CarpenterS proper. As in the other specials there's a great deal of cringing when Katen is not featured as zkaren and not a Xmas Angel or....well y'all tuned in ya know whud I'm meanin.
It may have been Richard's public appearances dooming CarpenterS to milkshake row. In the studio all's well....beyond that.....hmmm its in the history books ain't it?

Jeff

Richard sings "Toyland" with an amazing emotional interpretation, should have been included on one of the Christmas albums, sung with a lot of feeling.

Richard sings "Toyland" with an amazing emotional interpretation, should have been included on one of the Christmas albums, sung with a lot of feeling.

Agreed.

When I finally watched the special for the first time (thanks to YouTube), I was thinking, "Why did they left that song out of the album?"

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom