CARPENTERS - Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
A couple of years ago I sold my dual signature of the duo which was featured on the front of an original LP copy of the Horizon album cover, much to my regret.

Separately I was fortunate to have been able to locate this signature of Karen, and will be getting Richard's signature shortly on the second page to make this complete. What Carpenters signatures do some of you own that you'd like to share?

Karen-Richard.JPG

Never having been much of an autograph collector, I've got just the two more recent Richard Carpenter autographs - one on the special numbered edition of GOLD, and one on the surround SACD of SINGLES 1969-1981.

Harry

Can you still get a present Signature from Richard? I've always wanted to get it but not sure how to get it? That part of their website seems outdated. Also, I've wanted to buy Karen's autograph but I'm so afraid of fakes. Any advice????

The picture Chris posted shows what I think of as Karen's "Mary Tyler Moore" look - hair and outfit style. :wink:

A couple of years ago I sold my dual signature of the duo which was featured on the front of an original LP copy of the Horizon album cover, much to my regret.

Separately I was fortunate to have been able to locate this signature of Karen, and will be getting Richard's signature shortly on the second page to make this complete. What Carpenters signatures do some of you own that you'd like to share?

Karen-Richard.JPG
I read that they got those chairs as a gift from Carol Burnett when they were on her show. Does anyone know if that's true?

Hi, All! I don't ususally post here, but really do enjoy reading all the comments on the C's music. I'm not a big autograph person, but wanted to share that Richard gracioulsy signed my wedding announcement. I was married last year, and on the front of the announcement I used a verse/bridge of his (and John Bettis') "One Love". Richard wrote us a lovley note to go along with his autograph. He was very nice to do so, and it is a keepsake I will treasue.

Hi, All! I don't ususally post here, but really do enjoy reading all the comments on the C's music. I'm not a big autograph person, but wanted to share that Richard gracioulsy signed my wedding announcement. I was married last year, and on the front of the announcement I used a verse/bridge of his (and John Bettis') "One Love". Richard wrote us a lovley note to go along with his autograph. He was very nice to do so, and it is a keepsake I will treasue.

Thats great Scott! Would be awesome if you posted - of course that's very personal and perhaps you wouldn't feel comfortable. Either way, glad you got it and good for you!

It was a personal note, and would prefer not to post.....but Richard did say that One Love has been a long time favorite of his. From the overall tone of the note, he sounded like a regular nice guy. I am just so appreciative he took the time to fulfill my request. Hope you understand

Last month I wrote Richard a letter and asked him kindly to sign my GOLD 35th Anniversary CD insert (no way was I mailing my prized albums!). I was very disappointed to get the letter back with a yellow sticker and scribbling on it after an anxious two weeks. The yellow sticker said "Return to Sender -- Attempted Not Known -- Unable to Forward" and the scribbling is hard to make out (I think it says "Box Close" or something to that effect). I sheepishly am a novice when it comes to mail, but I was a bit confused as I followed the information as specified on the Carpenters Fan Site. Do any of you guys know if this address is incorrect? Perhaps what this yellow sticker means exactly? I was really bummed out as an autograph from Richard Carpenter would be beyond words. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

$_57.JPG

Legitimate signatures? Not legitimate?
They looked okay to me (and judging by the way the signatures look in Chris's post, I have a feeling I'm right), but I wanted a second opinion before I scoop this up (well...I might've already :whistle::whistle:). Thanks all. :)

$_57.JPG

Legitimate signatures? Not legitimate?
They looked okay to me (and judging by the way the signatures look in Chris's post, I have a feeling I'm right), but I wanted a second opinion before I scoop this up (well...I might've already :whistle::whistle:). Thanks all. :)

I am quite certain these are authentic signatures. :)

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipMO1HDE6fMTbGhx9MpfYSuAUpiBh91d-1dGhUOC

For some reason, I couldn't get these photos to upload. Please let me know if you can't see them and I'll see if I can upload them a different way. I bought this professionally framed "piece" in Las Vegas at a higher end antique store. There was no COA that came with it (but those are really only as good as the paper they're printed on) and I'm not sure why someone would go to the trouble to have this professionally made if the signatures were bogus, but who knows. The store owner said that he bought it locally from an Estate sale of someone who had passed. ::Shrug:: He'd had it awhile, so he was willing to deal - a little. Richard had a very consistent signature through the years, but Karen, did not. I looked on eBay and almost all of Karen's signatures for sale looked somewhat different. the K"aren" portion of the signature on my piece looks consistent with the rest of the signatures I found, but the rest, not so much. Anyone else see a signature similar to the one I have here? If not, I am resigned to the fact I might have bought a fake, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a fake...

There are many similarities in Karen's writing, including the way she switched up her "t" in "Carpenter" over the years. And Richard's definitely looks legit as well. The only minor difference here is that he had less room to sign, so the signature looks slightly crunched. Other than that I would say these are genuine signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom