Bonnie Bowden

Status
Not open for further replies.

amot

What did Bonnie Bowden do after the Sergio Mendes mid 70's albums. Did she record more music?. I am listening to these beautiful tunes (this masquerade, trouble with hello etc) from those albums and her voice is very nice. I did a google search and there is no information whatsoever on her whereabouts after the mendes records.
I assume she married Amaro? since her name appears to change on the last record?

Amot

I, too, enjoy Bonnie Bowden's voice and wondered what she was up to these days. I would love to know if someone has some info on her.

I am new to the A&M site and new to listening to Bonnie Bowden-I love her vocals on Sergio Mendes Love Music-songs like "Put A Little Love Away", "Hey Look At the Sun", and "Love Music"-what a lovely voice she has.
I also love her vocals on "All Is Fair In Love" and "The Trouble with Hello is Goddbye" off of Sergio Mendes 1975 solo album. I have done some research on Bonnie Bowden. She is indeed married to David Amaro. She is listed on some albums as Bonnie Bowden and some others as Bonnie Bowden Amaro or just as Bonnie Amaro. I found a little bit more information on her. It seems she provided vocals on a couple of jazz lps- on George Duke's lps- Libertated Fantasises in 1976 and Then on a compilation CD entitled Three Originals in 1994-which consisted of tracks from 3 different lps. I wish she someone had given her a chance to do an LP recording-for Bonnie had a great voice. Hope this helps on some more info about her. I didn't find much more than anyone else might know already, but its a start!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Bonnie and David divorced many years ago (I could be mistaken, but the dusty file cabinet of my mind is telling me this). Bonnie did quite a bit of session work after leaving Sergio. She also appeared on a kind of weird rock/country album recorded before hooking up with Sergio, with a group called 6680 Lexington (I just realized there's a 66 in that name, too!). She's a brunette with BIG (and I mean BIIIIGGGG) Texas hair on that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom