Any Luck Writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Noelle

Any word on if Richard is still signing album booklets/writing back? I've been considering writing a letter but wanted to know if he still checks or reads. Thanks!

I did write to that P.O. box twice (including sending some CD covers I was hoping he'd autograph) but never got anything back. Now I'm also out CD covers to the Spike Jones Christmas Album (which Richard wrote the liner notes for) and "The Singles." :sad:

Hi, All--- my first post, and LOVE all the comments about the Carpenters music. Regarding the address on the official site... I literally just sent a request to the address listed for an autograph on my wedding announcement (I used an excerpt of "One Love"), but it was just returned to me unopened. Not too sure of the reason. So if anyone out there has another address, I would really appreciate it, too!

By the By, I, too at one juncture sent a long-winded handwritten letter to Richard Carpenter at the
PO Box address , and (for whatever reason) never received a reply.
To be fair, I do not expect Richard Carpenter to have the time or inclination to reply to all, or any, requests.
Of course, the (snail) mail system being what it is, it is plausible that he never received this letter.
Well, whoever read it, if opened, surely believed me to be a lunatic....Carpenters fanatic, and all!
I will see how this next one goes!

Don't forget folks - self-addressed, stamped, return envelopes will surely help, though nothing is a guarantee.

Harry

Good thought Harry.

I have found it very easy to get a response from celebrities by including a self addressed stamped envelope and a personal note. When I request a picture, I include a photo mailer with postage attached. I have not sent Richard anything recently, but he used to be pretty good about singing fans CD's and such. I sent him the Gold CD release and he returned it autographed in gold Sharpie.

Here is the official disclaimer from the Carpenters web site:
Due to an ever increasing amount of publicity photos that Richard has autographed, even those inscribed personally, appearing for sale,
as of May 27, 2009, Richard has made it a policy not to fulfill any autograph photo requests.

Richard is happy to autograph album covers and CD inserts, etc.

U.S. Requests or submissions of other items, (other than an autographed photo) for signing must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return and international requests must include an International Postal coupon.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom