Any Carpenters Instrumentals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve33

Hey all, this is my first post on here :)

I am such a fan of The Carpenters and obviously the wonderful Karen, but as a newish fan I'm not exactly up and knowing about every little fact about them etc. In fact, Karen lived and died before I was even born, but the music is always there to discover I guess!

I just wondered if you knew of any good (or official) instrumentals at all? Some on YouTube are really bad, I hate those karaoke style ones lol.

Anyway, thought it'd be worth a shot :)

Thank you so much for your reply!

Just listened to the 'yesterday once more' instrumental from that album on YouTube, simply beautiful!

Do you know where I can download the full album or buy it? I'm in the UK and there's not even a used and new copy on amazon (not that I can see anyway).

Thank you! Sorry to be a pain!

Hey all, this is my first post on here :)

I am such a fan of The Carpenters and obviously the wonderful Karen, but as a newish fan I'm not exactly up and knowing about every little fact about them etc. In fact, Karen lived and died before I was even born, but the music is always there to discover I guess!

I just wondered if you knew of any good (or official) instrumentals at all? Some on YouTube are really bad, I hate those karaoke style ones lol.

Anyway, thought it'd be worth a shot :)
Welcome to the forum-

K&R did some exquisite instrumentals:

"Heather" on Now & Then
"Flat Baroque" on A Song For You
"My Favorite Things" on An Old Fashioned Christmas
"Dizzy Fingers" on As Time Goes By

Also,a few tracks from Richard Carpenter Trio:

"Iced Tea" on Essential Collection
"Caravan" on Essential Collection
"The Girl From Ipanema"-unreleased,available on Youtube

Last edited:
Up until recently, the karaoke disc was available as a second disc in a Japanese 10th anniversary version of TWENTY-TWO HITS OF THE CARPENTERS, but it now seems to be out of print. The karaoke disc, with all of the original backing instrumentals and backing vocals, was originally released in a title called BEST OF BEST (ORIGINAL MASTER KARAOKE). There's a couple of these on eBay. This is one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARPENTERS-...223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c4cf1cc77

A year or so later, the karaoke disc was released as its own disc and retitled YESTERDAY ONCE MORE (ORIGINAL MASTER KARAOKE). One of those is on eBay right now as well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARPENTERS-...671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c480a4827

As is usual with an out of print title, the prices tend to go high. These two aren't terrible unreasonable if it's something you really want.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom