• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Ali Thomson - TAKE A LITTLE RHYTHM (SP-4803)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Ali Thomson
TAKE A LITTLE RHYTHM
A&M SP-4803
sp4803.jpg

Scottish Singer Ali Thomson is the brother of Supertramp's Doug Thomson. As a songwriter, he's written for many notable artists, including Gary Wright ("I Really Want to Know You" -1981).

TRACKS:

Fools' Society
Take a Little Rhythm
Saturday Heartbreaker
We Were all in Love
African Queen

Live Every Minute
Jamie
Page by Page
The Hollywood Role
A Goodnight Song

Released 1980

JB

What a shame that Ali Thomson (and yes, it's THOMSON, with no 'p') left the music industry after a mere two albums. Both TAKE A LITTLE RHYTHM and the follow-up album DECEPTION IS AN ART were two of the most polished adult contemporary albums I can think of to come out of the late 70s. Not only as the brother of Supertramp's Dougie Thomson, Ali was definitely his own man on A&M. A crafty songwriter, arranger and vocalist, Ali proved from the very first track that he indeed had rhythm... whether on the title track, the follow-up single, "Live Every Minute", or the listener's pick of any album track. My personal favorites include "African Queen", "Fools Society" and "We Were All In Love". Unfortunately, neither of his two albums will likely see the light of day on CD, but both are definitely worth checking out on any decent vinyl copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom