Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyB

Voice of the Heart

I thought a thread of comments of particular albums might make for interesting reading. I couldn't find a thread for this through the massive amount on this forum, so I thought I would start one.

First of all, one thing that I had always puzzled me, and I wonder if anyone has an answer for this.
On the Voice of the Heart vinyl, the label used by A & M was the mid to late 70's design, when A & M had clearly abandoned this design in favor of the red label, like the one used on Made in America. Why was this?
$_35.JPG

A&M continued to use to "silver and tan" well into the 80s for albums. Janet Jackson's Control came out with that label in 1986, several years after Voice of the Heart.

I believe this was discussed here a few years back. The "red and black" album label used on Made in America was only used on that album and possibly a few others. It was never the "standard" label for albums. However, the single version of the "red and black" label was the "standard" label on singles for several years. Again, using Janet as the example, while the Control album used the "silver and tan" label, all of the singles issued from the album used the "red and black" label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom