A&M Quad Mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonUrban

Hello A&M Corner and Rudy!

Long time no see (my fault). In a round about way over at the quad forum, I was reminded about an article in Billboard back in 1975 that concerned the A&M Quad mixes. Many of the A&M albums mixed for quad album and tape are considered, um, well, not that great - by quad standards, and we always wondered why that was.

Well, the answer is in that Billboard article, and I thought you guys over here would like to read it if you haven't already seen it. The thing is, if you are going to create a new way to listen to music, and make it stand out from the norm in order to get people to convert and BUY the new format, making it sound like the original format makes no sense at all. Just listen to the stereo! (Which is what it seems like you are doing when listening to many of the early A&M quad titles.)

Here's the link: http://books.google.it/books?id=WBEEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA39#v=onepage&q&f=false

Priceless stuff @JonUrban , thanks for posting it! Reminds me, I had a quad/surround question or two for you. I'll drop a note shortly. :thumbsup:

upload_2015-3-30_15-29-32.png

upload_2015-3-30_15-29-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom