22 Hits/Karaoke set Japan December 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb

Well I just received an email from Yuka and she has confirmed that the Karaoke disc included with this set has in fact been newly remastered by Bernie Grundman and Richard in early november.

Great news and a good excuse for me to get another Carpenters disc!

Scott B

Joy! I just received an e-mail stating my copy shipped today. If it's like the last shipment, it should arrive tomorrow.
Yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus! :bigsanta:

I didn't want to post where I bought it for fear of offending anyone, but I get all Japanese release from CD Japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
I have not had any issues with shipping, pricing, out-of-stock or security.
And, although I don't pay very much in shipping rates, I still get the releases the day after they ship.
Currently, as I stalk my shipment, it is at O'Hare airport customs. It looks as though I will get it today :D

I ordered my copy from http://www.hmv.co.jp and received notice yesterday that it was being shipped. Like Dave, I expect mine to arrive in the next day or so, as they seem to always ship FedEx to the United States, even though the shipping charges aren't all that high.

David

Hi Guys,

I would greatly appreciate when you receive this set if any of you could post any info specifically if both discs have been remastered or just the 'Karaoke' disc. I'll be ordering my copy at the end of the month as I'm waiting for one more CD to be released in Japan and then will place my order.

Thanks and enjoy the set!

Scott B

Thanks Dave & David. Can u pls tell me what the album looks like? I've tried ordering from HMV but it only says 22 hits of Carpenters, just not sure if it's a Karaoke set. There's no item detail on the album. Please help.

264.jpg

Catalogue number is UICY1311/2.
Cover has "The 10th Anniversary Edition" at the bottom.

Here is HMV Japan page.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1441264

Hope you will get it soon, kennyv.

Sakura

Hi everyone.

I got my copy of 22 HITS/ORIGINAL MASTER KARAOKE this morning. There are some liner notes, although mostly in Japanese, so I can't tell you what most of them say.

In English, the musician/engineering personnel is listed for each track on 22 HITS, and all lyrics are printed. For ORIGINAL MASTER KARAOKE, only the title/composer information is printed in English, along with the lyrics to "Bless the Beasts," which wasn't on 22 HITS.

The only mastering information printed in the book says:

"Yesterday Once More: Carpenters Original Master Karaoke"
Remixed in 1991 by Richard Carpenter and Roger Young
Except "Sing" Remixed in 2003 by Richard Carpenter and Jimmy Hoyson.
Engineered by Jimmy Hoyson
Mastered by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood

The 10th Anniversary Edition
Produced by Richard Carpenter
Supervised by Shun Okano (UM/USM Japan)
Product Manager: Minoru Harada (UM/USM Japan)

No specifics are listed for the remastering of 22 HITS, which leads me to believe that it is the same as the original release 10 years ago. A quick listen on my computer here at the office did not reveal anything obviously different in the mastering or remixing.

Interestingly, iTunes didn't pop up the track information about the Karaoke disc -- I guess no one has entered this information in the CDDB yet...

David

I'm so glad that I was eventually able to find the YOM Original Master Karaoke CD (cover with pink roses) that is now out of print.

For any fans who have not heard the Karaoke tracks, I highly recomend this newest Karaoke CD, after hearing it you will be amazed at the perfection that went on behind the scenes. Although it is never good to be without Karen's vocal, :D in this case it warrants it. You can hear all the details sometimes not always heard on the standard tracks, In addition, there are still some backing vocals left in at just the exact place that will also blow you away. It will give you a greater appreciation for what all Richard did to these songs.

My order is being shipped today...can't wait to hear them. It totals to about
Yen 3,727 including shipping via EMS.

It finally came yesterday!! Now I've got the whole weekend to enjoy the Christmas present made out for myself!!

Thanks so much Sakura & Scott for your help. And Merry Christmas to you & fans of the Carpenters Forum!!! ^_^

Sorry for bringing back an old topic but here is a promo ad that ran in Billboard May 24, 1997 for the 22 Hits of the Carpenters which was awarded the Grand Prix Award.

Billboard%20Carpenters%2022%20Hits%20Grand%20Prix%20Award%20May%2024%201997.png~original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom