1985 Yesterday Once More

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my first Carpenters purchase after LOVE SONGS in 1996 - I splurged and bought the expensive 2- cassette set. That was before the Remastered Classics were issued and I was in a frenzy trying to find their albums.

This is the first Carpenters release I ever owned on CD. I remember seeing it at the local Walmart when I was just getting into the duo and I really, really wanted it. I remember being thrilled when I found it under the tree on Christmas. My little sisters, with the help of my mom, bought it for me.

This was my first carpenters CD purchase from the Late 80s and im happy to say i still have my copy. It really is a definitive hits collection. IMO. And Still a Great Value for the money.

I've liked the C's since I was a young child, but this record is what lit the fire under my butt. I love it and listen to it at least once a month.

I remember when the original version of the Yesterday Once More compilation was first introduced, it was only available through an offer on TV. I ordered and received the set. There was nothing overly special about it. It was a 2 record set, but it came to me (not like a typical 2 record set in a gatefold) as 2 vinyl discs in a standard "single album" package, only slightly modified to allow 2 record albums to fit comfortably in a single sleeve. No special sleeve, just a typical "generic". It was still great to have this collection.
Yesterday-Once-More-Single-1.jpg

I came to own this set from a friend's relative. This is a pretty nifty collection and a solid definition of the duo's music. I honestly have to admit, though, the first time hearing the remixes on vinyl felt really weird -- guess I'm just used to either 1) spinning the studio albums or 2) having remixes restricted to CD/digital. Still, I discovered "new" selections like "Back In My Life Again". That was certainly a trip.

This was the second Carpenters album that I bought (my first was Interpretations, and my parents had had both Singles albums and the Christmas Portrait Special Edition for years on CD) in January 1998 with Christmas money. I remember the store had to order this one in, as they had had it before Christmas, but then sold it.

Is the 1999 remastered of "Yesterday Once More" the same as the 1985 release?? Are they any remixes?? Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom